India-US military ties in good shape: Mike Mullen
Washington: Encouraged by the growing
strength of Indo-US military-to-military ties, a top Pentagon
official on Tuesday said the "vital" relationship needs to be taken
from strength to strength.
Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs
of Staff, told foreign journalists at a news conference that
the military ties between the two countries are "in a very
"The military-to-military relationship between India
and the United States has grown stronger and stronger and
actually is in very good shape. There`s very active
interaction between each of the services," he said.
"Certainly, before several years ago, before I had
this job, I was the head of our Navy, and the interaction, for
instance, at that time between our two navies was significant.
It continues to be. We continue to grow each year," Mullen
Responding to questions, Mullen said America`s
relationship with India is vital.
"It`s a vital region. It`s a vital relationship. It`s
a relationship that I think we need to make stronger and
stronger. So I`ve been very pleased with how it has grown and
look forward to that continuing to be the case," Mullen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why