India-US military ties in good shape: Mike Mullen
Washington: Encouraged by the growing
strength of Indo-US military-to-military ties, a top Pentagon
official on Tuesday said the "vital" relationship needs to be taken
from strength to strength.
Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs
of Staff, told foreign journalists at a news conference that
the military ties between the two countries are "in a very
"The military-to-military relationship between India
and the United States has grown stronger and stronger and
actually is in very good shape. There`s very active
interaction between each of the services," he said.
"Certainly, before several years ago, before I had
this job, I was the head of our Navy, and the interaction, for
instance, at that time between our two navies was significant.
It continues to be. We continue to grow each year," Mullen
Responding to questions, Mullen said America`s
relationship with India is vital.
"It`s a vital region. It`s a vital relationship. It`s
a relationship that I think we need to make stronger and
stronger. So I`ve been very pleased with how it has grown and
look forward to that continuing to be the case," Mullen said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan