Indian forces capable of defending borders: PC
New Delhi: India on Monday said its forces are
capable of defending the borders and foil any design of
"I can`t answer questions on external security. But I am
pretty certain in my mind that our security forces are more
than capable of defending India`s border," Home Minister
P Chidambaram said at a press conference here.
He was responding to questions on a report which
suggested that China could do a Kargil on India "to teach
India a lesson".
The Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses(IDSA) said
in its report that the lower end of the conflict (between
India and China) at this level could be a Kargil-like
"China`s aim could be to teach India a lesson so as to
influence India`s rise before its capacity building underway
acquires traction," it said.
Referring to Bangladesh, Chidambaram said the India`s
eastern neighbour has extended "splendid cooperation" in
apprehending Indian insurgents.
"If there are any terrorist group in Bangladesh, I am
sure the Bangladesh government will act against them. We are
in discussion with Bangladesh regarding the Indian insurgent
groups taking shelter in Bangladesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September