Indian forces capable of defending borders: PC
New Delhi: India on Monday said its forces are
capable of defending the borders and foil any design of
"I can`t answer questions on external security. But I am
pretty certain in my mind that our security forces are more
than capable of defending India`s border," Home Minister
P Chidambaram said at a press conference here.
He was responding to questions on a report which
suggested that China could do a Kargil on India "to teach
India a lesson".
The Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses(IDSA) said
in its report that the lower end of the conflict (between
India and China) at this level could be a Kargil-like
"China`s aim could be to teach India a lesson so as to
influence India`s rise before its capacity building underway
acquires traction," it said.
Referring to Bangladesh, Chidambaram said the India`s
eastern neighbour has extended "splendid cooperation" in
apprehending Indian insurgents.
"If there are any terrorist group in Bangladesh, I am
sure the Bangladesh government will act against them. We are
in discussion with Bangladesh regarding the Indian insurgent
groups taking shelter in Bangladesh," he said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges