Indian forces capable of defending borders: PC
New Delhi: India on Monday said its forces are
capable of defending the borders and foil any design of
"I can`t answer questions on external security. But I am
pretty certain in my mind that our security forces are more
than capable of defending India`s border," Home Minister
P Chidambaram said at a press conference here.
He was responding to questions on a report which
suggested that China could do a Kargil on India "to teach
India a lesson".
The Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses(IDSA) said
in its report that the lower end of the conflict (between
India and China) at this level could be a Kargil-like
"China`s aim could be to teach India a lesson so as to
influence India`s rise before its capacity building underway
acquires traction," it said.
Referring to Bangladesh, Chidambaram said the India`s
eastern neighbour has extended "splendid cooperation" in
apprehending Indian insurgents.
"If there are any terrorist group in Bangladesh, I am
sure the Bangladesh government will act against them. We are
in discussion with Bangladesh regarding the Indian insurgent
groups taking shelter in Bangladesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love