Indian forces capable of defending borders: PC
New Delhi: India on Monday said its forces are
capable of defending the borders and foil any design of
"I can`t answer questions on external security. But I am
pretty certain in my mind that our security forces are more
than capable of defending India`s border," Home Minister
P Chidambaram said at a press conference here.
He was responding to questions on a report which
suggested that China could do a Kargil on India "to teach
India a lesson".
The Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses(IDSA) said
in its report that the lower end of the conflict (between
India and China) at this level could be a Kargil-like
"China`s aim could be to teach India a lesson so as to
influence India`s rise before its capacity building underway
acquires traction," it said.
Referring to Bangladesh, Chidambaram said the India`s
eastern neighbour has extended "splendid cooperation" in
apprehending Indian insurgents.
"If there are any terrorist group in Bangladesh, I am
sure the Bangladesh government will act against them. We are
in discussion with Bangladesh regarding the Indian insurgent
groups taking shelter in Bangladesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends