Indian nurse’s family gets no answer from hospital
London: The family of the Indian-origin nurse, who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call about the Duchess of Cambridge, has received no answers for 40 questions that they sent to her hospital bosses.
King Edward VII Hospital chief executive, John Lofthouse, wrote to Jacintha Saldanha’s family that he could not give any detailed answers, as an internal inquiry was being conducted by the chairman, Lord Glenarthur.
Her husband and her two kids have also received no answers from Australian radio station 2Day FM, which was behind the prank, despite sending the broadcaster 20 questions before Christmas.
The radio station’s parent company, Southern Cross Austereo, has written back, merely stating that an official inquiry was underway by Australia’s media watchdog.
Saldanha, 46, was the duty nurse when Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian called King Edward VII pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, asking about the Kate’s condition.
She forwarded the call to another nurse, who divulged private medical information about the Duchess. The prank was broadcast by 2Day FM within hours, and made headlines around the world.
Saldanha was found dead in the nurses’ quarters just three days later, having committed suicide by hanging herself with a scarf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey