Indian nurse’s family gets no answer from hospital
London: The family of the Indian-origin nurse, who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call about the Duchess of Cambridge, has received no answers for 40 questions that they sent to her hospital bosses.
King Edward VII Hospital chief executive, John Lofthouse, wrote to Jacintha Saldanha’s family that he could not give any detailed answers, as an internal inquiry was being conducted by the chairman, Lord Glenarthur.
Her husband and her two kids have also received no answers from Australian radio station 2Day FM, which was behind the prank, despite sending the broadcaster 20 questions before Christmas.
The radio station’s parent company, Southern Cross Austereo, has written back, merely stating that an official inquiry was underway by Australia’s media watchdog.
Saldanha, 46, was the duty nurse when Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian called King Edward VII pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, asking about the Kate’s condition.
She forwarded the call to another nurse, who divulged private medical information about the Duchess. The prank was broadcast by 2Day FM within hours, and made headlines around the world.
Saldanha was found dead in the nurses’ quarters just three days later, having committed suicide by hanging herself with a scarf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...