Indian nurse’s family gets no answer from hospital
London: The family of the Indian-origin nurse, who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call about the Duchess of Cambridge, has received no answers for 40 questions that they sent to her hospital bosses.
King Edward VII Hospital chief executive, John Lofthouse, wrote to Jacintha Saldanha’s family that he could not give any detailed answers, as an internal inquiry was being conducted by the chairman, Lord Glenarthur.
Her husband and her two kids have also received no answers from Australian radio station 2Day FM, which was behind the prank, despite sending the broadcaster 20 questions before Christmas.
The radio station’s parent company, Southern Cross Austereo, has written back, merely stating that an official inquiry was underway by Australia’s media watchdog.
Saldanha, 46, was the duty nurse when Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian called King Edward VII pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, asking about the Kate’s condition.
She forwarded the call to another nurse, who divulged private medical information about the Duchess. The prank was broadcast by 2Day FM within hours, and made headlines around the world.
Saldanha was found dead in the nurses’ quarters just three days later, having committed suicide by hanging herself with a scarf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview