Indian nurse’s family gets no answer from hospital
London: The family of the Indian-origin nurse, who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call about the Duchess of Cambridge, has received no answers for 40 questions that they sent to her hospital bosses.
King Edward VII Hospital chief executive, John Lofthouse, wrote to Jacintha Saldanha’s family that he could not give any detailed answers, as an internal inquiry was being conducted by the chairman, Lord Glenarthur.
Her husband and her two kids have also received no answers from Australian radio station 2Day FM, which was behind the prank, despite sending the broadcaster 20 questions before Christmas.
The radio station’s parent company, Southern Cross Austereo, has written back, merely stating that an official inquiry was underway by Australia’s media watchdog.
Saldanha, 46, was the duty nurse when Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian called King Edward VII pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, asking about the Kate’s condition.
She forwarded the call to another nurse, who divulged private medical information about the Duchess. The prank was broadcast by 2Day FM within hours, and made headlines around the world.
Saldanha was found dead in the nurses’ quarters just three days later, having committed suicide by hanging herself with a scarf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack