Indian-origin student missing in Australian wilderness
Melbourne: A 25-year-old Indian-origin student has went missing in a national park in Australia nearly a month ago, prompting his family to announce a reward money to AusD 100,000 for any tip-off.
Prabhdeep Srawn, a Canadian-Indian, went missing on May 13 in the Kosciuszko National Park in the Australian state of New South Wales.
Swarn`s family, resident of Brampton in the Canadian province of Ontario, doubled the reward money on Friday following a move by New South Wales Police to scale back the search efforts and the official withdrawal of the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter from the search earlier this week.
Facilitators of Facebook page `Help Find Prabh Srawn: Missing Bushwalker`, also posted that the family also offered a daily stipend of AusD 250 for experienced hikers who are willing to join the search operation, the Canberra Times reported.
A law student of Bond University in Australia`s Gold Coast, Srawn was reportedly trying to climb Mount Kosciuszko, the highest peak in mainland Australia that is located within the park.
Though the family has been optimistic of finding Srawn as he is a master corporal in the Canadian Armed Forces, an Australian Defence Force reservist and has had bushwalking experience, experts feel that the chances of him surviving after so long are slim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31