Indian Parliamentarians in Sri Lanka, to visit Jaffna
Colombo: A five-member Indian Parliamentary delegation has arrived here in the Sri Lankan capital on a four-day trip to hold bilateral talks.
The delegation is scheduled to visit Tamil-dominated Jaffna city, the capital of Sri Lanka`s Northern Province, the Indian High Commission here said on Tuesday.
The delegation, which arrived last night, would first travel to the Parliamentary complex where they would meet with Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa before taking a tour of the building, it said.
The FICCI sponsored visit comes amid growing anti-Sri Lanka protest in Tamil Nadu.
Sandip Dikshit of Congress, Saugata Roy of Trinamool Congress, Prakash Javadekar and Anurag Thakur of the BJP and Dhananjay Singh of BSP are the delegation members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan