Indian Parliamentarians in Sri Lanka, to visit Jaffna
Colombo: A five-member Indian Parliamentary delegation has arrived here in the Sri Lankan capital on a four-day trip to hold bilateral talks.
The delegation is scheduled to visit Tamil-dominated Jaffna city, the capital of Sri Lanka`s Northern Province, the Indian High Commission here said on Tuesday.
The delegation, which arrived last night, would first travel to the Parliamentary complex where they would meet with Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa before taking a tour of the building, it said.
The FICCI sponsored visit comes amid growing anti-Sri Lanka protest in Tamil Nadu.
Sandip Dikshit of Congress, Saugata Roy of Trinamool Congress, Prakash Javadekar and Anurag Thakur of the BJP and Dhananjay Singh of BSP are the delegation members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'