Indian Parliamentarians in Sri Lanka, to visit Jaffna
Colombo: A five-member Indian Parliamentary delegation has arrived here in the Sri Lankan capital on a four-day trip to hold bilateral talks.
The delegation is scheduled to visit Tamil-dominated Jaffna city, the capital of Sri Lanka`s Northern Province, the Indian High Commission here said on Tuesday.
The delegation, which arrived last night, would first travel to the Parliamentary complex where they would meet with Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa before taking a tour of the building, it said.
The FICCI sponsored visit comes amid growing anti-Sri Lanka protest in Tamil Nadu.
Sandip Dikshit of Congress, Saugata Roy of Trinamool Congress, Prakash Javadekar and Anurag Thakur of the BJP and Dhananjay Singh of BSP are the delegation members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's
- Terminally ill fan watches 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' before passing away
- WATCH: James Faulkner's BRILLIANT hat-trick vs Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media