Indian President to visit Laos
Vientiane: Indian President Pratibha Patil was to pay a state visit to Laos later this week, official reports said on Monday.
Patil was scheduled to arrive on Thursday for a five-day visit to the land-locked communist country at the invitation of President Choummaly Sayasone, the Lao Presidential Palace announced in a statement.
Laos, a mountainous country half the size of France, is a member of the Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN), with which India has been fostering close ties over the past decade.
ASEAN comprises Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court