Indian warships in Russia for naval exercise
Moscow: A group of Indian warships on Monday arrived in Vladivostok, the main Russian Pacific Fleet base,
to begin drills with the Russian Navy after exercises with the
Three Indian warships INS Ranvir and Ranvijay, both
missile destroyers and indigenous Frigate INS Delhi, a Kirch
Corvette and the tanker Jyoti docked at the famous Russian far
eastern port, Itar-Tass reported.
The warships from the Eastern Fleet are commanded by
Rear Admiral Bisht will hold sea-manoeuvres with the Russian
Navy`s massive anti-submarine ship Admiral Tributz.
The Pacific Fleet command and the Vladivostok mayor
will receive the Indian naval sailors.
The Indian naval sailors will visit the memorial
sites in the city and the fleet and their military orchestra
will give a concert.
The Indian warships will be open for Vladivostok
residents and guests to go on free tours of the ships.
This is the second visit of the Indian warships to
In 2007 the Indian missile destroyers Mysore, Ranjit
and Rana, the Kutar corvette and the Jyoti tanker
participated in the joint anti-terror sea exercises with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Decoded! 5 exciting details of your PAN number
- World Hepatitis Day: 52 million Indians suffer from chronic hepatitis
- Shannen Doherty shares shaven head photos amid cancer battle
- Congress forms five-member committee to examine bills, debates in Parl
- To give shape to new education policy, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar meets RSS leaders