Indian warships in Russia for naval exercise
Moscow: A group of Indian warships on Monday arrived in Vladivostok, the main Russian Pacific Fleet base,
to begin drills with the Russian Navy after exercises with the
Three Indian warships INS Ranvir and Ranvijay, both
missile destroyers and indigenous Frigate INS Delhi, a Kirch
Corvette and the tanker Jyoti docked at the famous Russian far
eastern port, Itar-Tass reported.
The warships from the Eastern Fleet are commanded by
Rear Admiral Bisht will hold sea-manoeuvres with the Russian
Navy`s massive anti-submarine ship Admiral Tributz.
The Pacific Fleet command and the Vladivostok mayor
will receive the Indian naval sailors.
The Indian naval sailors will visit the memorial
sites in the city and the fleet and their military orchestra
will give a concert.
The Indian warships will be open for Vladivostok
residents and guests to go on free tours of the ships.
This is the second visit of the Indian warships to
In 2007 the Indian missile destroyers Mysore, Ranjit
and Rana, the Kutar corvette and the Jyoti tanker
participated in the joint anti-terror sea exercises with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan