Indian warships in Russia for naval exercise
Moscow: A group of Indian warships on Monday arrived in Vladivostok, the main Russian Pacific Fleet base,
to begin drills with the Russian Navy after exercises with the
Three Indian warships INS Ranvir and Ranvijay, both
missile destroyers and indigenous Frigate INS Delhi, a Kirch
Corvette and the tanker Jyoti docked at the famous Russian far
eastern port, Itar-Tass reported.
The warships from the Eastern Fleet are commanded by
Rear Admiral Bisht will hold sea-manoeuvres with the Russian
Navy`s massive anti-submarine ship Admiral Tributz.
The Pacific Fleet command and the Vladivostok mayor
will receive the Indian naval sailors.
The Indian naval sailors will visit the memorial
sites in the city and the fleet and their military orchestra
will give a concert.
The Indian warships will be open for Vladivostok
residents and guests to go on free tours of the ships.
This is the second visit of the Indian warships to
In 2007 the Indian missile destroyers Mysore, Ranjit
and Rana, the Kutar corvette and the Jyoti tanker
participated in the joint anti-terror sea exercises with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!