Indian warships in Russia for naval exercise
Moscow: A group of Indian warships on Monday arrived in Vladivostok, the main Russian Pacific Fleet base,
to begin drills with the Russian Navy after exercises with the
Three Indian warships INS Ranvir and Ranvijay, both
missile destroyers and indigenous Frigate INS Delhi, a Kirch
Corvette and the tanker Jyoti docked at the famous Russian far
eastern port, Itar-Tass reported.
The warships from the Eastern Fleet are commanded by
Rear Admiral Bisht will hold sea-manoeuvres with the Russian
Navy`s massive anti-submarine ship Admiral Tributz.
The Pacific Fleet command and the Vladivostok mayor
will receive the Indian naval sailors.
The Indian naval sailors will visit the memorial
sites in the city and the fleet and their military orchestra
will give a concert.
The Indian warships will be open for Vladivostok
residents and guests to go on free tours of the ships.
This is the second visit of the Indian warships to
In 2007 the Indian missile destroyers Mysore, Ranjit
and Rana, the Kutar corvette and the Jyoti tanker
participated in the joint anti-terror sea exercises with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption