Indicted by Lokayukta, UP minister resigns
Lucknow: A day after Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta
recommended his removal and sought lodging of corruption case
against him, state Animal Husbandry minister Awadhpal Singh
Yadav on Wednesday resigned on "moral grounds so that an independent
inquiry is done".
"I have decided to quit on moral grounds. I have resigned
so that an independent inquiry is done and real facts come
before the people," he told reporters here.
"I saw news items regarding the Lokayukta`s report this
morning after which I met Chief Minister Mayawati, narrated my
side of story and told that I am innocent after which I handed
over my resignation to her," Yadav said.
Accusing SP leaders of hatching conspiracy against him,
the four-time MLA and two-time minister said he would take the
issue before the competent forum.
"Once I study the report completely, I would raise the
issue before the competent authority including the Governor,
High Court and the Supreme Court," he said.
The minister, however, refused to comment on the findings
of the inquiry report and said there were certain restrictions
under the Lokayukta Act.
"I will not comment on the report as according to the Act
unless the facts presented in the report are kept before the
right forum, public statements are not given," he said,
adding, "Unfortunately, this was no followed in my case."
A complaint moved by Subodh Yadav, son of former SP MLA
Rameshwar Yadav and zila panchayat chairman Joginder Singh had
accused Yadav of being involved in financial irregularities
during his tenure as minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate