Instill a sense of security among Muslims; Ahamed to govt
New Delhi: Asking the NDA government to instill a sense of security among the Muslims, Indian Union of Muslim League leader E Ahamed today said the NDA government must take immediate steps whenever there is any incident of communal violence anywhere in the country.
Participating in the debate on Motion of Thanks on the President`s Address in Lok Sabha, Ahamed said his party will support the Narendra Modi government when there is need to support but will oppose when it has to oppose.
"There is fear psychosis among a large number of Muslims after the new government assumes power. The government must take steps to instill a sense of security among the Muslims. It has to take steps for inclusive growth," he said.
Ahamed claimed there have been several incidents of communal violence ever since the Modi government came to power and immediate steps must be taken by it to nip at bud such incidents.
Expressing concern over the death of a young Muslim techie in Pune, the Kerala MP said that such unfortunate incidents should not have happened as India is known for its glorious tradition of tolerance.
"This should also be a concern for the government. There is a need for immediate action so that the minorities are not targeted," he said.
Apna Dal member Anupriya Patel asked the NDA government to take adequate steps for the development of Uttar Pradesh, "which is one of the most underdeveloped states" in the country.
"There is mass exodus of youth from Uttar Pradesh to other states due to under development and lack of employment opportunities," she said.
Patel said the two most acute problems of Uttar Pradesh are law and order and power crisis and there is urgent need for intervention to improve the conditions in these two issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead