Instill a sense of security among Muslims; Ahamed to govt
New Delhi: Asking the NDA government to instill a sense of security among the Muslims, Indian Union of Muslim League leader E Ahamed today said the NDA government must take immediate steps whenever there is any incident of communal violence anywhere in the country.
Participating in the debate on Motion of Thanks on the President`s Address in Lok Sabha, Ahamed said his party will support the Narendra Modi government when there is need to support but will oppose when it has to oppose.
"There is fear psychosis among a large number of Muslims after the new government assumes power. The government must take steps to instill a sense of security among the Muslims. It has to take steps for inclusive growth," he said.
Ahamed claimed there have been several incidents of communal violence ever since the Modi government came to power and immediate steps must be taken by it to nip at bud such incidents.
Expressing concern over the death of a young Muslim techie in Pune, the Kerala MP said that such unfortunate incidents should not have happened as India is known for its glorious tradition of tolerance.
"This should also be a concern for the government. There is a need for immediate action so that the minorities are not targeted," he said.
Apna Dal member Anupriya Patel asked the NDA government to take adequate steps for the development of Uttar Pradesh, "which is one of the most underdeveloped states" in the country.
"There is mass exodus of youth from Uttar Pradesh to other states due to under development and lack of employment opportunities," she said.
Patel said the two most acute problems of Uttar Pradesh are law and order and power crisis and there is urgent need for intervention to improve the conditions in these two issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video