Involve common man in implementation of schemes: Selja
Srinagar: Union Minister of Tourism, Housing
and Urban Poverty Alleviation Kumari Selja on Sunday emphasised on
the need of involving common people in housing and urban
poverty alleviation schemes so that they can avail optimum
"Positive results of these schemes could only be
achieved when common people are made aware and benefited from
these schemes," Selja said while addressing a meet of state
She said central and state government have to work
jointly to launch these development and welfare schemes for
"The Central government is providing liberal funds,"
she said and assured more funds would flow for upgrading the
living standard of the people.
Selja said the purpose of these schemes including Rajiv
Awas Yojna is to empower the people so that they feel impact
of these welfare schemes.
Earlier welcoming Selja, Minister of State for Housing
and Urban Development Nasir Aslam Wani gave a detailed account
of various central and state schemes in progress in the state.
He also apprised the union minister regarding various
problems of the urban development schemes in the state.
Wani demanded that the department of Archaeological
Survey of India be revived in the state so that the monuments
and other buildings having heritage importance are looked
after and protected in a proper manner.
He said state government has also passed Ancient
Monument Act and all efforts are underway to implement it in
letter and spirit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!