Ishrat encounter: CBI likely to grill Narendra Modi’s man Amit Shah
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is likely to question Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah on Tuesday in connection with the 2004 Ishrat Jahan encounter case.
According to reports, Shah, who is also BJP`s general secretary and in-charge of Uttar Pradesh, is likely to be quizzed by the CBI in view of claims made by jailed IPS officer DG Vanzara that the Gujarat government was "inspiring, guiding and monitoring" every police action from "very close quarters".
Vanzara was suspended last week after he hit out at Modi government for failing to protect the jailed police officers with regard to fake encounter cases mentioned in his resignation letter.
The CBI had grilled Gujarat Minister of State for Law Pradeepsinh Jadeja in connection with the Ishrat encounter case.
It had also sent a notice to state Advocate General (A-G) Kamal Trivedi and former minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, asking them to appear before it.
CBI has named Singhal, Vanzara, suspended IPS officers P P Pandey and Tarun Barot, N K Amin, retired DSP J G Parmar and commando Anaju Chaudhary in the charge sheet, accusing them of murder and criminal conspiracy with regard to the encounter killing of 19-year-old Ishrat, Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Zeeshan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana on the outskirts of Ahmedabad in June 2004.
CBI`s probe in the case was still on, it had said when filing the charge sheet in July 2013.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details