It`s a victory for the country: Nikam on Kasab hanging
Mumbai: Ujjwal Nikam, the Special Public Prosecutor in the trial of Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, on Wednesday said he was “very happy” on hearing the news of execution of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks terrorist.
“I am very happy,” Nikam said. "It is victory for the country. By hanging Kasab, we have paid homage to all those policemen and innocent persons who lost their lives."
“I am happy for two reasons. One, finally some justice has been done to the victims of the Mumbai attacks. Second, we have given a strong message to terrorists,” he added.
"By Kasab`s conviction and death penalty, we have proved how the entire conspiracy was hatched in Pakistan. We have set an example that India will not tolerate such attacks and the accused will be brought to justice," Nikam said.
Nikam appeared for the prosecution in the sessions court and High Court and assisted senior counsel Gopal Subramanium in the apex court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India