It`s a victory for the country: Nikam on Kasab hanging
Mumbai: Ujjwal Nikam, the Special Public Prosecutor in the trial of Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, on Wednesday said he was “very happy” on hearing the news of execution of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks terrorist.
“I am very happy,” Nikam said. "It is victory for the country. By hanging Kasab, we have paid homage to all those policemen and innocent persons who lost their lives."
“I am happy for two reasons. One, finally some justice has been done to the victims of the Mumbai attacks. Second, we have given a strong message to terrorists,” he added.
"By Kasab`s conviction and death penalty, we have proved how the entire conspiracy was hatched in Pakistan. We have set an example that India will not tolerate such attacks and the accused will be brought to justice," Nikam said.
Nikam appeared for the prosecution in the sessions court and High Court and assisted senior counsel Gopal Subramanium in the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown