It`s a victory for the country: Nikam on Kasab hanging
Mumbai: Ujjwal Nikam, the Special Public Prosecutor in the trial of Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, on Wednesday said he was “very happy” on hearing the news of execution of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks terrorist.
“I am very happy,” Nikam said. "It is victory for the country. By hanging Kasab, we have paid homage to all those policemen and innocent persons who lost their lives."
“I am happy for two reasons. One, finally some justice has been done to the victims of the Mumbai attacks. Second, we have given a strong message to terrorists,” he added.
"By Kasab`s conviction and death penalty, we have proved how the entire conspiracy was hatched in Pakistan. We have set an example that India will not tolerate such attacks and the accused will be brought to justice," Nikam said.
Nikam appeared for the prosecution in the sessions court and High Court and assisted senior counsel Gopal Subramanium in the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says