‘It’s all about money for power & power for money`
Ralegan Siddhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare said on Monday that his agitation is not against any party or person but against all-pervasive corruption in the country.
“It (his agitation) is not against any party or person. Today common man is finding it difficult to live. I have been fighting against corruption for 25 years but the government is still not serious about eliminating it,” he told reporters before proceeding to Mumbai to begin a three-day fast at the MMRDA Ground in Bandra-Kurla complex.
“No strong rule has been brought to curb corruption. I had to fight for 10 years to get the RTI Act. Jan Lokpal Bill has been brought to the Parliament eight times but was never passed. The government is not serious about corruption,” Anna said while adding, “Now it is all about money for power and power for money…Government has gone blind about the difficulties of the common man.”
Playing down his role in the anti-corruption movement, Anna said, “Crores of people have come to the street (to protest against corruption), it is not for Anna. It is because they are finding it difficult to live due to corruption, that’s why they are on the streets.”
“It has been 10 months but the government has been flip-flopping on the issue. They went back (on their promise) on joint committee decisions, then they went back in the standing committee. The Prime Minister gave me written assurance that the bill will be passed in Parliament; is it not contempt of Parliament?” he pointed out.
Anna will sit on fast on December 27, 28, 29; then go to Delhi on 30th to sit on a dharna outside Sonia Gandhi’s home.
Tomorrow morning he will first offer floral tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at his memorial in Juhu and then lead a rally to the MMRDA Ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city