Jaitley CDR case: Constable claims false implication
New Delhi: Delhi Police constable Arvind Dabas, arrested along with three others in the Arun Jaitley phone tapping case, on Thursday told a local court that he has been being falsely implicated and there is no direct evidence against him.
While hearing the arguments on Dabas` bail plea, chief metropolitan magistrate Amit Bansal asked mediapersons to vacate the courtroom saying contents of the FIR would be cited during the hearing and the court had earlier directed that its details should not be revealed.
During the arguments, advocate Naushad Ahmad Khan, who appeared for Dabas, told the court that there was no direct evidence to book his client under section 420 (cheating) of the IPC and he was falsely implicated in the case.
Khan also argued that the offences under which Dabas has been booked are bailable.
After hearing Khan`s arguments, the court fixed the matter for tomorrow when the police will advance its submissions on the bail plea.
In his bail plea, Dabas alleged that he has been implicated in the case by the Special Cell of Delhi Police due to "personal animosities" and he has become a "victim of the system".
Besides Dabas, three private detectives -- Anurag, who is alleged to be the main conspirator, Neeraj and Nitish -- have been arrested and all the four accused are in judicial custody till March 20.
The police had earlier told the court that Dabas was the first to be arrested in the case on February 14 and their probe has revealed that Anurag was the main conspirator and others had joined the conspiracy.
All the accused have been booked for criminal conspiracy and cheating under the IPC and section 66 IT Act for hacking the computer system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH