Jaitley CDR case: Constable claims false implication
New Delhi: Delhi Police constable Arvind Dabas, arrested along with three others in the Arun Jaitley phone tapping case, on Thursday told a local court that he has been being falsely implicated and there is no direct evidence against him.
While hearing the arguments on Dabas` bail plea, chief metropolitan magistrate Amit Bansal asked mediapersons to vacate the courtroom saying contents of the FIR would be cited during the hearing and the court had earlier directed that its details should not be revealed.
During the arguments, advocate Naushad Ahmad Khan, who appeared for Dabas, told the court that there was no direct evidence to book his client under section 420 (cheating) of the IPC and he was falsely implicated in the case.
Khan also argued that the offences under which Dabas has been booked are bailable.
After hearing Khan`s arguments, the court fixed the matter for tomorrow when the police will advance its submissions on the bail plea.
In his bail plea, Dabas alleged that he has been implicated in the case by the Special Cell of Delhi Police due to "personal animosities" and he has become a "victim of the system".
Besides Dabas, three private detectives -- Anurag, who is alleged to be the main conspirator, Neeraj and Nitish -- have been arrested and all the four accused are in judicial custody till March 20.
The police had earlier told the court that Dabas was the first to be arrested in the case on February 14 and their probe has revealed that Anurag was the main conspirator and others had joined the conspiracy.
All the accused have been booked for criminal conspiracy and cheating under the IPC and section 66 IT Act for hacking the computer system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands