Jaitley`s CDR case: 3 private detectives sent to police custody
New Delhi: Three private detectives, arrested for allegedly attempting to retrieve call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley, were on Tuesday remanded in three days police custody by a Delhi court.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash allowed the Special Cell of Delhi Police to quiz in custody till February 22 Nitin, Anurag and Neeraj.
Nitin and Anurag were arrested from Mukundpur in north west Delhi today, while Neeraj was nabbed yesterday.
Delhi Police constable Arvind Dabas was the first accused who was arrested in the case.
During the proceedings, police today sought their custody for five days saying they have to crack the "encrypted devices" used by the accused in which a large amount of data has been gathered over a period of two-three months.
Meanwhile, the court also directed the investigating officer to supply the copies of FIR to the counsel of accused and made clear that the contents be not leaked.
During the day, the counsel for Arvind Dabas said that the legal rights of his clients were being infringed due to non-supply of the FIR.
"How am I supposed to pursue the legal remedies available to me if I am not ever supplied the copy of the FIR in a case against me? It is also a violation of my human rights," Naushad Ahmad Khan, counsel for Dabas, said.
The police custody of Dabas expires tomorrow.
Police later told the media that they were also probing a probable corporate angle to the case.
One of the accused Anurag was also arrested in the Amar Singh phone tapping case, they said, adding that other accused Neeraj used to run a background check on prospective brides and grooms.
Anurag, who had the access to sophisticated spying devices, used to solicit support of co-accused Nitin and Neeraj after getting clients, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears