Jamaat-e-Islami Hind all set to launch political party
New Delhi: Influential Muslim outfit
Jamaat-e-Islami Hind is all set to test waters in politics by
launching a party, an official announcement on which is
expected on Monday.
"We are forming a political outfit namely Welfare
Party. Though Jamaat is launching the party, the outfit will
be an independent body," the Jamaat`s convenor S Q R Ilyas
A formal announcement in this regard is expected on
Monday when the Jamaat is holding a conference.
"During the Monday conference, we will discuss on
politics and the announcement could be made on that day,"
Ilyas told agency.
He said people need a new political option as
corruption in this field is rampant and so "we decided to form
a party, which will be devoid of corrupt leaders."
He asserted the party will not only represent Muslims
but also other minorities and weaker sections of the society.
"We will also raise issues of national interest and inclusive
On reports that some senior members of Jamaat are
apprehensive of the launch of a political party, Ilyas
maintained no one has any problem with it and the decision was
An offshoot of the Jamaat-e-Islami, Jamaat-e-Islami
Hind was formed in April 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February