Jamaat to launch nation-wide `anti-imperialism` campaign
New Delhi: In a bid to highlight the perils
of capitalist imperialism and related politics in the country,
Jamaat-e-Islami Hind will launch a 10-day nation-wide campaign
starting here tomorrow.
The campaign entitled "Save the country from Slavery and
Poverty" will try to present alternatives from Islamic
perspective on the topic.
"The Jamaat is of the view that the current politics of
the central and state governments in the country have led to a
crisis situation of neo-slavery which has adversely affected
the day-to-day life of common people," Mujtaba Farooq,
Secretary of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, told reporters here today.
"India has been moving away from its basic values of
justice, freedom, equality and non-aligned foreign policy. The
impact of post-globalisation neo-liberal capitalist era has
severely affected the `aam aadmi` (common man) of the country,
leading to his exploitation."
The Jamaat, through this campaign, intend to present the
Islamic guidance as the alternative to the imperialist model
of economy and social order, said Syed Jalaluddin Umari,
President of the organisation.
The campaign, to be conducted at all state capitals
and district headquarters, will be concluded in Bangalore on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere