Jamia student beaten to death outside university
New Delhi: Two former students of Jamia
Millia Islamia University were on Wednesday arrested for allegedly beating to
death a young fine-arts student outside the campus in south
Delhi, police said.
Sahil and Aijas were apprehended for allegedly beating
to death 18-year-old Shahrukh Shaheer near Ansari Health Club
outside Jamia campus yesterday, a senior police official said.
Two others, who were allegedly involved in the
incident, are absconding. Efforts are on to nab them, the
Shahrukh was called outside by the duo, who were
expelled from the university earlier this month, and two
others and was then beaten up mercilessly with hockey sticks
and iron rods, the official said.
He was badly injured and taken to Holy Family Hospital
where doctors declared him brought dead. Doctors said he died
due to internal haemorrhage and damage to vital organs.
Police said they were investigating all angles,
including any love affair which might have triggered the
Shahrukh`s father is a yoga teacher in the university.
The university has been closed today and will reopen
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read