Jamia student beaten to death outside university
New Delhi: Two former students of Jamia
Millia Islamia University were on Wednesday arrested for allegedly beating to
death a young fine-arts student outside the campus in south
Delhi, police said.
Sahil and Aijas were apprehended for allegedly beating
to death 18-year-old Shahrukh Shaheer near Ansari Health Club
outside Jamia campus yesterday, a senior police official said.
Two others, who were allegedly involved in the
incident, are absconding. Efforts are on to nab them, the
Shahrukh was called outside by the duo, who were
expelled from the university earlier this month, and two
others and was then beaten up mercilessly with hockey sticks
and iron rods, the official said.
He was badly injured and taken to Holy Family Hospital
where doctors declared him brought dead. Doctors said he died
due to internal haemorrhage and damage to vital organs.
Police said they were investigating all angles,
including any love affair which might have triggered the
Shahrukh`s father is a yoga teacher in the university.
The university has been closed today and will reopen
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested