Jamia student beaten to death outside university
New Delhi: Two former students of Jamia
Millia Islamia University were on Wednesday arrested for allegedly beating to
death a young fine-arts student outside the campus in south
Delhi, police said.
Sahil and Aijas were apprehended for allegedly beating
to death 18-year-old Shahrukh Shaheer near Ansari Health Club
outside Jamia campus yesterday, a senior police official said.
Two others, who were allegedly involved in the
incident, are absconding. Efforts are on to nab them, the
Shahrukh was called outside by the duo, who were
expelled from the university earlier this month, and two
others and was then beaten up mercilessly with hockey sticks
and iron rods, the official said.
He was badly injured and taken to Holy Family Hospital
where doctors declared him brought dead. Doctors said he died
due to internal haemorrhage and damage to vital organs.
Police said they were investigating all angles,
including any love affair which might have triggered the
Shahrukh`s father is a yoga teacher in the university.
The university has been closed today and will reopen
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Tusshar Kapoor’s decision to embrace fatherhood will inspire you – Details inside
- Yazidi victim demands genocide trial for IS leaders
- Several parts of Telangana receive heavy rain
- Ask Sourav Ganguly what problem he has with me: Ravi Shastri on his absence during interview
- Rajinikanth ji's film stole the poster of our film, says Irrfan Khan