J&K BJP leader taken into preventive custody
Srinagar: With BJP sticking to its plan to hoist the national flag at Lal Chowk here on the Republic Day, the Vice President of the party`s Jammu and Kashmir unit Sofi Yusuf was taken into preventive custody by the police late on Saturday night.
Yusuf was picked up from his house at around 2230 hours on the ground of apprehension of breach of peace, said the police said.
Earlier in the day, six BJP activists were arrested for violating the prohibitory orders in force in Srinagar city when they were pasting posters on the city walls for publicizing the culmination of the party’s Rahstriya Ekta Yatra at Lal Chowk on January 26.
The state government has already decided that it will not allow BJP to hoist the national flag in Srinagar as it could lead to law and order problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?