Jaswant not NDA V-P candidate: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Putting cold water on attempts by veteran BJP leader Jaswant Singh to emerge as the consensus Vice-Presidential candidate, JD (U) chief Sharad Yadav said on Wednesday that Singh is not NDA’s candidate.
Speculation is rife since yesterday morning that Jaswant is angling to be accepted V-P candidate in lieu of BJP and NDA’s support to Pranab Mukherjee’s Presidential bid.
He had met Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav yesterday, apparently to seek support for his bid. Reports later said that Mulayam has decided not to support Jaswant.
Murmurs about Jaswant Singh’s ambitions have been going on for a while with him lobbying within and outside the BJP.
However, with a key NDA constituent like the JD(U) not in mood to support him, it would be difficult going for the former union minister.
The other name being tossed around as V-P is that of current Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand