Jaswant not NDA V-P candidate: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Putting cold water on attempts by veteran BJP leader Jaswant Singh to emerge as the consensus Vice-Presidential candidate, JD (U) chief Sharad Yadav said on Wednesday that Singh is not NDA’s candidate.
Speculation is rife since yesterday morning that Jaswant is angling to be accepted V-P candidate in lieu of BJP and NDA’s support to Pranab Mukherjee’s Presidential bid.
He had met Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav yesterday, apparently to seek support for his bid. Reports later said that Mulayam has decided not to support Jaswant.
Murmurs about Jaswant Singh’s ambitions have been going on for a while with him lobbying within and outside the BJP.
However, with a key NDA constituent like the JD(U) not in mood to support him, it would be difficult going for the former union minister.
The other name being tossed around as V-P is that of current Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends