Jaswant not NDA V-P candidate: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Putting cold water on attempts by veteran BJP leader Jaswant Singh to emerge as the consensus Vice-Presidential candidate, JD (U) chief Sharad Yadav said on Wednesday that Singh is not NDA’s candidate.
Speculation is rife since yesterday morning that Jaswant is angling to be accepted V-P candidate in lieu of BJP and NDA’s support to Pranab Mukherjee’s Presidential bid.
He had met Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav yesterday, apparently to seek support for his bid. Reports later said that Mulayam has decided not to support Jaswant.
Murmurs about Jaswant Singh’s ambitions have been going on for a while with him lobbying within and outside the BJP.
However, with a key NDA constituent like the JD(U) not in mood to support him, it would be difficult going for the former union minister.
The other name being tossed around as V-P is that of current Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested