Jaswant not NDA V-P candidate: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Putting cold water on attempts by veteran BJP leader Jaswant Singh to emerge as the consensus Vice-Presidential candidate, JD (U) chief Sharad Yadav said on Wednesday that Singh is not NDA’s candidate.
Speculation is rife since yesterday morning that Jaswant is angling to be accepted V-P candidate in lieu of BJP and NDA’s support to Pranab Mukherjee’s Presidential bid.
He had met Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav yesterday, apparently to seek support for his bid. Reports later said that Mulayam has decided not to support Jaswant.
Murmurs about Jaswant Singh’s ambitions have been going on for a while with him lobbying within and outside the BJP.
However, with a key NDA constituent like the JD(U) not in mood to support him, it would be difficult going for the former union minister.
The other name being tossed around as V-P is that of current Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video