JD(U) takes dig at PM’s advice to bureaucrats
New Delhi: JD (U) on Sunday took a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for asking bureaucrats to show boldness in decision making, wondering how civil servants can be active under a "captain" who has maintained silence on various cases of corruption.
The party`s national spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari claimed that the Prime Minister remained a "mute spectator" when a volley of corruption allegations were being levelled against the UPA government.
He referred to the 2G scam and irregularities in the run up to the Commonwealth Games to claim that Singh took no action to check corruption.
Referring to the controversy over coal block allocation, Tiwari alleged that while on the one hand, people in Bihar lacked proper power supply, entities were given tonnes of "free" coal on the other.
"Under the captaincy of such a Prime Minister, how can the bureaucrats play an active role (in decision making)," he said in a statement.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had yesterday asked civil servants to show "boldness" in decision making, assuring them that there would be "no witch hunting" in the name of fighting corruption.
Addressing them on the Civil Services Day here, Singh had asked the bureaucrats to fight the tendency of not taking decisions because of the fear that things might go wrong and they might be penalised for that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video