Judicial custody of Padamsinh Patil extended till July 31
Mumbai: The judicial custody of suspended
NCP leader Padamsinh Patil, arrested in the murder case of
Congress leader Pawanraje Nimbalkar, was today extended till
July 31 by a court in Panvel near here.
Patil, who is presently lodged in the Taloja jail in
Navi Mumbai, was today produced before a magistrate in Panvel
by the CBI.
Meanwhile, the NCP leader today filed an application
before the court seeking that the CBI be directed to open the
six lockers seized by them from his residence in Osmanabad in
the presence of his family and lawyer.
The CBI had seized six lockers from Patil`s residence
when searches were conducted there.
"We have no objection to Patil`s application and
informed the court that correct procedure is followed and that
the lockers would be opened only in the presence of Patil`s
family and lawyer," CBI counsel Ejaz Khan said.
Meanwhile, a sessions court in Alibag is likely to
pass its order on Patil`s bail application, filed last week.
Patil and six others have been accused of allegedly
murdering Nimbalkar and his driver on June 3, 2006 in
Kalamboli at Navi Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites