Kalam shares his vision on Chandrayan-II with IIM-A students
Ahmedabad: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam
on Wednesday shared his vision about Chandrayan-II, with IIM-A
students during his theme lecture, `Vision for Elevation of
India by 2020`, as part of Globalizing Resurgent India through
Innovative Transformation (GRIIT) course offered here.
"Dr Kalam during his class session today shared his
vision with the Indian Insititute of Management-Ahmedabad
(IIM-A) students about the scope for Chandrayan-II, which he
had earlier shared with ISRO and NASA scientists," a scientist
working with Dr Kalam, V Ponraj said.
Dr Kalam has suggested the space scientists to create
a payload (possibly a robot) that can accompany Chandrayan
-II, the project undertaken by ISRO. It should have the
capability to land on Moon, and penetrate lunar surface upto
one metre depth, Ponraj said.
Kalam said the paylaod should collect samples using
spectroscopic instruments to understand the depth of water
available on the lunar surface by carrying out experiments, he
The Moon Mineralogy Mapper(M3), one of the two
instruments that NASA has contributed for India`s first
mission to moon Chandrayan-I found OH/H2O on the lunar
surface, Ponraj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why