Kalyan to float his own party
Lucknow: After parting ways with the
Samajwadi party, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and one
of the protagonists of BJP`s temple movement Kalyan Singh has
decided to float a new outfit to "earnestly pursue the
Singh took the decision after being asked by a majority
of his supporters in different parts of UP to start afresh by
setting up a party of his own rather than returning to the
BJP, sources close to the leader said.
Almost 98 per cent of the people who met him today from
34 districts of central and eastern UP and ninety per cent of
his supporters from 28 western districts who met him in New
Delhi on November 28 are of the opinion that he should float a
new political party and Singh has agreed to it, they said.
The supporters are of the view that as the BJP has
shunned its Hindutva agenda it should be earnestly adopted by
Kalyan Singh who had brought a new awakening among the Hindus
during the temple movement, sources said.
Some MPs, MLAs and MLCs were among those who met
Kalyan Singh besides the chairmen of municipal corporations
though BJP leaders kept themselves away from the meeting
today, sources claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know