Kanpur sings `Jana Gana Mana` in an attempt to break Pakistan’s record
Kanpur: In an effort to create a world record of singing national anthem by maximum number of people together, thousands of Kanpurites on Sunday gathered at the Green Park stadium here to break the record currently hold by Pakistan.
According to the organisers, the event was attended by more than 1,25,000 people to break the record. However, the final decision would be made by a four-member team of Guiness Book of World Record.
Pakistan has recently created a world record in this regard when about 42,000 people sang its national anthem in chorus.
Rohit Kohli, a social worker and one of the organiser, claimed," more than 1,25,000 people sang `Jan Gan Man` together to set a new world record".
Kohli said the team of GWR recorded the whole proceedings of the event and it would announce the result soon after going through all the facts and statistics.
School students from around 400 schools in the city participated in the event which also saw the presence of people from various walks of life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city