Kanpur sings `Jana Gana Mana` in an attempt to break Pakistan’s record
Kanpur: In an effort to create a world record of singing national anthem by maximum number of people together, thousands of Kanpurites on Sunday gathered at the Green Park stadium here to break the record currently hold by Pakistan.
According to the organisers, the event was attended by more than 1,25,000 people to break the record. However, the final decision would be made by a four-member team of Guiness Book of World Record.
Pakistan has recently created a world record in this regard when about 42,000 people sang its national anthem in chorus.
Rohit Kohli, a social worker and one of the organiser, claimed," more than 1,25,000 people sang `Jan Gan Man` together to set a new world record".
Kohli said the team of GWR recorded the whole proceedings of the event and it would announce the result soon after going through all the facts and statistics.
School students from around 400 schools in the city participated in the event which also saw the presence of people from various walks of life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing