Kanpur sings `Jana Gana Mana` in an attempt to break Pakistan’s record
Kanpur: In an effort to create a world record of singing national anthem by maximum number of people together, thousands of Kanpurites on Sunday gathered at the Green Park stadium here to break the record currently hold by Pakistan.
According to the organisers, the event was attended by more than 1,25,000 people to break the record. However, the final decision would be made by a four-member team of Guiness Book of World Record.
Pakistan has recently created a world record in this regard when about 42,000 people sang its national anthem in chorus.
Rohit Kohli, a social worker and one of the organiser, claimed," more than 1,25,000 people sang `Jan Gan Man` together to set a new world record".
Kohli said the team of GWR recorded the whole proceedings of the event and it would announce the result soon after going through all the facts and statistics.
School students from around 400 schools in the city participated in the event which also saw the presence of people from various walks of life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list