Kanpur sings `Jana Gana Mana` in an attempt to break Pakistan’s record
Kanpur: In an effort to create a world record of singing national anthem by maximum number of people together, thousands of Kanpurites on Sunday gathered at the Green Park stadium here to break the record currently hold by Pakistan.
According to the organisers, the event was attended by more than 1,25,000 people to break the record. However, the final decision would be made by a four-member team of Guiness Book of World Record.
Pakistan has recently created a world record in this regard when about 42,000 people sang its national anthem in chorus.
Rohit Kohli, a social worker and one of the organiser, claimed," more than 1,25,000 people sang `Jan Gan Man` together to set a new world record".
Kohli said the team of GWR recorded the whole proceedings of the event and it would announce the result soon after going through all the facts and statistics.
School students from around 400 schools in the city participated in the event which also saw the presence of people from various walks of life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Auto-rickshaw strike in Delhi, commuters hit hard
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification issued; central govt employees, pensioners to get increased payout for August
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Manohar Parrikar on missing AN-32 aircraft