Karmapa case: Court sends couple to 14-day JC
Dharamsala: A court in Una on Saturday sent a
couple, arrested in connection with the foreign currency haul
here, to 14 days of judicial custody.
Karma Thapa and his wife Rinzin Thapa were picked up from
Majnoo-Ka-Tila in Delhi in connection with recovery of Rs one
crore from a vehicle near Una border on January 25.
The judge also extended the judicial remand of Karmapa
Ugyen Trinley Dorje`s key aide Shakti Lama, who was arrested
after the recovery of foreign currency worth over Rs 7.5 crore
during raids in the premises of a Karmapa-backed trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what