Karmapa case: Court sends couple to 14-day JC
Dharamsala: A court in Una on Saturday sent a
couple, arrested in connection with the foreign currency haul
here, to 14 days of judicial custody.
Karma Thapa and his wife Rinzin Thapa were picked up from
Majnoo-Ka-Tila in Delhi in connection with recovery of Rs one
crore from a vehicle near Una border on January 25.
The judge also extended the judicial remand of Karmapa
Ugyen Trinley Dorje`s key aide Shakti Lama, who was arrested
after the recovery of foreign currency worth over Rs 7.5 crore
during raids in the premises of a Karmapa-backed trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand