Kashmiri separatists meeting Pakistani leaders is an `old tradition`: Vaidik
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s close aide Ved Pratap Vaidik who was recently in headlines after meeting with the 26/11 mastermind and Lashkar-e-Toiba chief Hafiz Saeed, said on Wednesday that Kashmiri separatists meeting Pakistani leaders is an `old tradition`.
“This is old tradition, other PMs met Hurriyat leaders earlier too,” Ved Vaidik told reporters today on Pak High Commissioner meeting separatists.
Further over Indian government`s decision to call-off the foreign secretary-level talks with Pakistan, Vaidik said, “Govt had right to take decision but environment for dialogue was set & could have led to something.”
Yesterday, hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani met Pakistan’s High Commissioner Abdul Basit, a day after India canceled the Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan to protest against a meeting between Kashmiri separatist leaders and Islamabad’s envoy to New Delhi.
The separatist leader reportedly had said that Kashmir is not an internal issue as he slammed government’s decision to call off the talks with Pakistan.
Both ruling National Conference (NC) and opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Jammu and Kashmir had criticised the Centre for calling off the meeting.
Reacting sharply over the issue, Congress also kept up the attack on NDA over cancellation of Indo-Pak talks even as the government and BJP said that the neighbouring country cannot "walk with separatism and talk with Government of India" simultaneously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India