Kashmiri separatists meeting Pakistani leaders is an `old tradition`: Vaidik
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s close aide Ved Pratap Vaidik who was recently in headlines after meeting with the 26/11 mastermind and Lashkar-e-Toiba chief Hafiz Saeed, said on Wednesday that Kashmiri separatists meeting Pakistani leaders is an `old tradition`.
“This is old tradition, other PMs met Hurriyat leaders earlier too,” Ved Vaidik told reporters today on Pak High Commissioner meeting separatists.
Further over Indian government`s decision to call-off the foreign secretary-level talks with Pakistan, Vaidik said, “Govt had right to take decision but environment for dialogue was set & could have led to something.”
Yesterday, hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani met Pakistan’s High Commissioner Abdul Basit, a day after India canceled the Foreign Secretary-level talks with Pakistan to protest against a meeting between Kashmiri separatist leaders and Islamabad’s envoy to New Delhi.
The separatist leader reportedly had said that Kashmir is not an internal issue as he slammed government’s decision to call off the talks with Pakistan.
Both ruling National Conference (NC) and opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Jammu and Kashmir had criticised the Centre for calling off the meeting.
Reacting sharply over the issue, Congress also kept up the attack on NDA over cancellation of Indo-Pak talks even as the government and BJP said that the neighbouring country cannot "walk with separatism and talk with Government of India" simultaneously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’