Kate hoax call: Indian nurse Jacintha Saldanha laid to rest
Udupi: The body of Indian origin nurse Jacintha Saldanha, who was found dead in London after a hoax call to a UK hospital treating Prince William`s pregnant wife Kate, was laid to rest at Shirva here in the presence of a large number of well-wishers, family and friends.
The funeral cortege began from the residence of Benedict Barboza, her husband, after a short prayer service by parish priest Father Stany Tauro.
The body, which was brought here from London yesterday, was laid to rest at Our Lady of Health Church.
Saldanha (42) had transferred a prank call from two DJs of an Australian radio station, believing they were the Queen and Prince of Wales, to a colleague who described in detail Kate`s condition during her stay for severe pregnancy sickness.
She was found hanging in her nurses` quarters at King Edward VII`s hospital by a colleague and a security guard on December 7.
An inquest on Dec 13 heard that Saldanha was found hanging by the neck from a scarf on a wardrobe door in her room near the hospital. She also had injuries on one of her wrists. Two notes were found in her room and another in her possessions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon