Khurshid should offer public apology: BJP
New Delhi: The Election Commission may not
be proceeding further against Law Minister Salman Khurshid
after his "regret" letter for his sub-quota remarks but BJP
feels he should tender a public apology.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar insisted Khurshid`s
"apology" letter to the poll panel was not enough.
"He should apologize to the nation and to the Election
Commission publicly. What he has done is unprecedented,"
BJP maintained that while Khurshid had made the comments
on quota for minorities and against the Election Commission at
a public meeting, he has "tendered the apology" through a
The party alleged Khurshid had made the remarks as part
of the "dirty politics" being played by Congress for votebank
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know