Khurshid should offer public apology: BJP
New Delhi: The Election Commission may not
be proceeding further against Law Minister Salman Khurshid
after his "regret" letter for his sub-quota remarks but BJP
feels he should tender a public apology.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar insisted Khurshid`s
"apology" letter to the poll panel was not enough.
"He should apologize to the nation and to the Election
Commission publicly. What he has done is unprecedented,"
BJP maintained that while Khurshid had made the comments
on quota for minorities and against the Election Commission at
a public meeting, he has "tendered the apology" through a
The party alleged Khurshid had made the remarks as part
of the "dirty politics" being played by Congress for votebank
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics