Khurshid should offer public apology: BJP
New Delhi: The Election Commission may not
be proceeding further against Law Minister Salman Khurshid
after his "regret" letter for his sub-quota remarks but BJP
feels he should tender a public apology.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar insisted Khurshid`s
"apology" letter to the poll panel was not enough.
"He should apologize to the nation and to the Election
Commission publicly. What he has done is unprecedented,"
BJP maintained that while Khurshid had made the comments
on quota for minorities and against the Election Commission at
a public meeting, he has "tendered the apology" through a
The party alleged Khurshid had made the remarks as part
of the "dirty politics" being played by Congress for votebank
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly