Kiran Bedi supports brain mapping, polygraph test
Jaipur: Even as the Supreme Court recently declared illegal brain mapping and polygraph tests on suspects, senior former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Saturday said these were required to bring out truth from hardened criminals during investigation.
Order of the apex court is bound to cause strong
hardship to the investigating agencies across the country,
including CBI, she said while delivering a lecture on Gandhian
model of policing organised by an NGO here.
She said the CBI chief has also opposed the order of
Bedi said accused like Mumbai terror attack convict
Ajmal Kasab and fake stamp scam convict Abdul Karim Telgi know
how to fail a lie detector test.
"Brain mapping test provides 100 percent correct
results and is a most effective tool today for investigating
agencies," she said.
While the courts view the rights of the victims
and also accused but it must also consider problems of the
investigating agencies, she added.
The first woman IPS officer said policemen should not
"bow" to external pressure in investigation of a crime.
She said the Gandhian model of policing does not
means being idealistic rather it means police officials must
do their job with integrity and honesty in accordance with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3