Kiran Bedi supports brain mapping, polygraph test
Jaipur: Even as the Supreme Court recently declared illegal brain mapping and polygraph tests on suspects, senior former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Saturday said these were required to bring out truth from hardened criminals during investigation.
Order of the apex court is bound to cause strong
hardship to the investigating agencies across the country,
including CBI, she said while delivering a lecture on Gandhian
model of policing organised by an NGO here.
She said the CBI chief has also opposed the order of
Bedi said accused like Mumbai terror attack convict
Ajmal Kasab and fake stamp scam convict Abdul Karim Telgi know
how to fail a lie detector test.
"Brain mapping test provides 100 percent correct
results and is a most effective tool today for investigating
agencies," she said.
While the courts view the rights of the victims
and also accused but it must also consider problems of the
investigating agencies, she added.
The first woman IPS officer said policemen should not
"bow" to external pressure in investigation of a crime.
She said the Gandhian model of policing does not
means being idealistic rather it means police officials must
do their job with integrity and honesty in accordance with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM