Kiran Bedi supports brain mapping, polygraph test
Jaipur: Even as the Supreme Court recently declared illegal brain mapping and polygraph tests on suspects, senior former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Saturday said these were required to bring out truth from hardened criminals during investigation.
Order of the apex court is bound to cause strong
hardship to the investigating agencies across the country,
including CBI, she said while delivering a lecture on Gandhian
model of policing organised by an NGO here.
She said the CBI chief has also opposed the order of
Bedi said accused like Mumbai terror attack convict
Ajmal Kasab and fake stamp scam convict Abdul Karim Telgi know
how to fail a lie detector test.
"Brain mapping test provides 100 percent correct
results and is a most effective tool today for investigating
agencies," she said.
While the courts view the rights of the victims
and also accused but it must also consider problems of the
investigating agencies, she added.
The first woman IPS officer said policemen should not
"bow" to external pressure in investigation of a crime.
She said the Gandhian model of policing does not
means being idealistic rather it means police officials must
do their job with integrity and honesty in accordance with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site