Konkan rail services hit due to heavy rains
Panaji: Services on the Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) route remained paralysed since yesterday due to heavy rains and slush on the tracks in Ratnagiri section, officials said on Saturday.
The train service which was disrupted since yesterday restarted late last night when the track was cleared of the slush but heavy rains that kept hitting the Konkan belt have again paralysed it since morning, KRCL Public Relation Manager Baban Ghatge said.
Ghatge said the work to clear the mud from the tracks is going on. "We can clear the tracks in two hours if there is dry spell," he said adding the region is under the spell of torrential rains even now.
"There was 60 mm rain in one hour this morning. The rains are increasing our worries," Ghatge said.
The Corporation has terminated, cancelled or diverted several trains on this route. Many passengers, who were on the way for Ganesh Chaturthi celebration in the Konkan belt, extending upto Goa, are stranded at various railway stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana Intermediate Second Year Result 2016, Telangana TS Inter 1st Year Results 2016, Telangana BIE Class 12 Supplementary Results 2016 to be declared today; check bie.telangana.gov.in
- Dwayne Johnson to produce film adaptation of 'Son of Shaolin'
- Honda to launch City-based hatchback soon
- BJP publication dares ally Sena to take 'divorce'
- Brabus's 850PS S-Class is the world's fastest cabriolet