`Krishna`s stable Pakistan message encouraging`
Islamabad: India`s desire to see a stable and peaceful Pakistan is "encouraging", said a Pakistani daily which observed that Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna`s message is "a key to many outstanding issues that need resolution sooner rather than later".
Krishna arrived in Pakistan on Friday on a three-day visit to review progress on bilateral relations.
Krishna expressed India`s desire to see a stable and peaceful Pakistan.
"This message is not only encouraging but a key to many outstanding issues that need resolution sooner rather than later," said an editorial in the Daily Times on Saturday.
"The issues besetting the two countries are well known and have been talked about plenty of times," it said, adding that terrorism, water disputes and Kashmir have been highlighted in the foreign secretary level talks held on Friday.
The daily observed that "with the realisation finally dawning on India and Pakistan about the importance of interdependence within the present global context, the much sought after development in the visa regime is set to materialise with the signing of a liberalised visa issuance policy by the Foreign Minister of Pakistan Hina Rabbani Khar and Krishna".
Describing it as a "positive step", the editorial said that it now needs to be followed by a joint and shared approach to defeat terrorism that has become a common scourge for both the countries.
Krishna has said that in case of any recurrence of a Mumbai-like incident, relations between the two countries could lapse and deteriorate.
"This should not happen.”
"Obviously Pakistan needs to do more on this front not only because it matters for our relations with India and the region but because the fire of terrorism is fast engulfing Pakistan itself and the sooner we renounce supporting terrorists in the name of different strategies, the better," the daily said.
Stating that the determination to move forward is "obviously a sign of maturing political will", the editorial cautioned that there "remains a lingering trust deficit that does not allow even relatively easier issues such as Sir Creek and Siachen to be resolved on a fast track".
"The building up of economic cooperation is something to celebrate. The process of dialogue has brought us so far and only dialogue could unravel the remaining misgivings. The door should remain open come what may," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly