Kumbh Mela 2013 to begin on Jan 14, last 56 days
Lucknow/Allahabad: Kumbh Mela 2013 would be held from January 14 to March 10, it was announced on Monday.
As against last time 44 days, the Maha Kumbh Mela will last for 56 days.
The Uttar Pradesh government has undertaken massive infrastructure works in the city as the turnout of pilgrims and tourists is likely to increase by 25 percent.
Earlier, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had directed industrial units, which may pose a threat of water pollution, to remain closed during Kumbh Mela 2013 period.
He said that there should be no shortage of water in rivers at Sangam for the holy dip.
For Kumbh 333 projects of 10 departments would be implemented of which 162 works would be executed at Mela site and this time 25 per cent more works and resources would be used, he said.
He directed that along with sign boards, audio video systems should be installed so that those who cannot read could get information regarding the Mela site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah