Kumbh Mela 2013 to begin on Jan 14, last 56 days
Lucknow/Allahabad: Kumbh Mela 2013 would be held from January 14 to March 10, it was announced on Monday.
As against last time 44 days, the Maha Kumbh Mela will last for 56 days.
The Uttar Pradesh government has undertaken massive infrastructure works in the city as the turnout of pilgrims and tourists is likely to increase by 25 percent.
Earlier, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had directed industrial units, which may pose a threat of water pollution, to remain closed during Kumbh Mela 2013 period.
He said that there should be no shortage of water in rivers at Sangam for the holy dip.
For Kumbh 333 projects of 10 departments would be implemented of which 162 works would be executed at Mela site and this time 25 per cent more works and resources would be used, he said.
He directed that along with sign boards, audio video systems should be installed so that those who cannot read could get information regarding the Mela site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre