Kumbh Mela 2013 to begin on Jan 14, last 56 days
Lucknow/Allahabad: Kumbh Mela 2013 would be held from January 14 to March 10, it was announced on Monday.
As against last time 44 days, the Maha Kumbh Mela will last for 56 days.
The Uttar Pradesh government has undertaken massive infrastructure works in the city as the turnout of pilgrims and tourists is likely to increase by 25 percent.
Earlier, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had directed industrial units, which may pose a threat of water pollution, to remain closed during Kumbh Mela 2013 period.
He said that there should be no shortage of water in rivers at Sangam for the holy dip.
For Kumbh 333 projects of 10 departments would be implemented of which 162 works would be executed at Mela site and this time 25 per cent more works and resources would be used, he said.
He directed that along with sign boards, audio video systems should be installed so that those who cannot read could get information regarding the Mela site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!