Lal Bahadur Shastri`s parental home to be turned into museum
Varanasi: Former Prime Minister Lal
Bahadur Shastri`s parental house in Ramnagar will be converted
into a museum to attract tourists to the place.
"The house, where the late leader was born and spent
his childhood, will be converted into an historic site where
things related to his life and work would be showcased," Uttar
Pradesh Cultural Minister Subhash Pandey said here yesterday
in a function to mark the 45th death anniversary of the late
The house, which was in a dilapidated condition for a
long time, has been renovated by the cultural department at
the cost of Rs 25.57 lakh.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of
India and a prominent figure in the independence movement.
Shastri died of a heart attack in Tashkent after
signing a declaration of ceasefire with Pakistani President M
Ayub Khan to end the 1965 war.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!