Lal Bahadur Shastri`s parental home to be turned into museum
Varanasi: Former Prime Minister Lal
Bahadur Shastri`s parental house in Ramnagar will be converted
into a museum to attract tourists to the place.
"The house, where the late leader was born and spent
his childhood, will be converted into an historic site where
things related to his life and work would be showcased," Uttar
Pradesh Cultural Minister Subhash Pandey said here yesterday
in a function to mark the 45th death anniversary of the late
The house, which was in a dilapidated condition for a
long time, has been renovated by the cultural department at
the cost of Rs 25.57 lakh.
Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of
India and a prominent figure in the independence movement.
Shastri died of a heart attack in Tashkent after
signing a declaration of ceasefire with Pakistani President M
Ayub Khan to end the 1965 war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video