Lalu slams Naidu for calling Prabha Thakur `bewakoof`
New Delhi: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday slammed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader M Venkaiah Naidu for calling Congress Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan Prabha Thakur a `bewakoof`.
Lalu’s reaction came after Thakur broke down in tears outside Parliament allegedly over Naidu’s comment.
“This is the real face of the BJP and the Sangh,” said Yadav while slamming Naidu.
Meanwhile, Thakur said when she asked BJP about Purti companies, Naidu said, “Kaise bewakoof Parliament mein aa gaye hain.” Naidu has apologised to Thakur after the uproar.
The Rajya Sabha was adjourned briefly following an uproar in the House after Naidu used the disparaging word to describe the members sitting on the treasury benches.
The word used by Naidu was expunged by Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien, but his prompt action failed to pacify the ruling members.
Kurien then adjourned the House for 10 minutes.
The Upper House was debating the government decision to allow foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble