Lalu slams Naidu for calling Prabha Thakur `bewakoof`
New Delhi: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday slammed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader M Venkaiah Naidu for calling Congress Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan Prabha Thakur a `bewakoof`.
Lalu’s reaction came after Thakur broke down in tears outside Parliament allegedly over Naidu’s comment.
“This is the real face of the BJP and the Sangh,” said Yadav while slamming Naidu.
Meanwhile, Thakur said when she asked BJP about Purti companies, Naidu said, “Kaise bewakoof Parliament mein aa gaye hain.” Naidu has apologised to Thakur after the uproar.
The Rajya Sabha was adjourned briefly following an uproar in the House after Naidu used the disparaging word to describe the members sitting on the treasury benches.
The word used by Naidu was expunged by Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien, but his prompt action failed to pacify the ruling members.
Kurien then adjourned the House for 10 minutes.
The Upper House was debating the government decision to allow foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.
(With IANS inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump