Lalu slams Naidu for calling Prabha Thakur `bewakoof`
New Delhi: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad Yadav on Thursday slammed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader M Venkaiah Naidu for calling Congress Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan Prabha Thakur a `bewakoof`.
Lalu’s reaction came after Thakur broke down in tears outside Parliament allegedly over Naidu’s comment.
“This is the real face of the BJP and the Sangh,” said Yadav while slamming Naidu.
Meanwhile, Thakur said when she asked BJP about Purti companies, Naidu said, “Kaise bewakoof Parliament mein aa gaye hain.” Naidu has apologised to Thakur after the uproar.
The Rajya Sabha was adjourned briefly following an uproar in the House after Naidu used the disparaging word to describe the members sitting on the treasury benches.
The word used by Naidu was expunged by Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien, but his prompt action failed to pacify the ruling members.
Kurien then adjourned the House for 10 minutes.
The Upper House was debating the government decision to allow foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...