Land Acquisition Bill not favourable for Jharkhand: Soren
Chaibasa (WB): Not satisfied with the Land Acquisition Bill recently passed in Parliament, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Monday said the bill was not favourable for the Adivasis and Mulvasis particularly those who are living in mining areas.
Addressing a meeting here, Soren said he would apprise the central leadership in this regard and urge them to bring an amendment to benefit the masses.
"The bill is not in favour of the state, particularly for rivals living in mining areas. I will discuss the issue with the central leadership to ensure adequate compensation for adivasis and mulvasis," he said.
He said the state would have its own land acquisition bill to give maximum benefit to the masses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video