Land Acquisition Bill not favourable for Jharkhand: Soren
Chaibasa (WB): Not satisfied with the Land Acquisition Bill recently passed in Parliament, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Monday said the bill was not favourable for the Adivasis and Mulvasis particularly those who are living in mining areas.
Addressing a meeting here, Soren said he would apprise the central leadership in this regard and urge them to bring an amendment to benefit the masses.
"The bill is not in favour of the state, particularly for rivals living in mining areas. I will discuss the issue with the central leadership to ensure adequate compensation for adivasis and mulvasis," he said.
He said the state would have its own land acquisition bill to give maximum benefit to the masses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown