Lata Mangeshkar felicitated by AP CM Rosaiah
Hyderabad: Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar
was felicitated by the `Kala Saraswati` award by Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah here.
Mangeshkar was given the award at a function here tonight
by a city-based cultural organisation- Andhra Pradesh Kala
Vedika- in association with the state government.
Mangeshkar, who sang for a few Telugu films, regretted
that she does not know the language.
"When I hear all of you speak, I regret that I don`t know
Telugu. I feel like learning the language," she said.
She said she is a great fan of veteran Telugu actor and
Dada Saheb Phalke award recipient Akkineni Nageswara Rao, who
was present during the event.
"I am a great fan of Nageswara Rao. I must have seen his
`Devdas` at least 10 times though it is a Telugu film," she
Mangeshkar, whose `keertanas` (songs in prayer of Lord
Venkateswara) were unveiled at Tirupati yesterday, hoped the
songs would be liked by all.
She said she sought the blessings of the Lord to keep her
voice in good form.
She thanked popular Telugu music director S Dakshina
Murty for whose film she sang a song about 50 years ago. She
recalled that the song was a big hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO