Lata Mangeshkar felicitated by AP CM Rosaiah
Hyderabad: Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar
was felicitated by the `Kala Saraswati` award by Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah here.
Mangeshkar was given the award at a function here tonight
by a city-based cultural organisation- Andhra Pradesh Kala
Vedika- in association with the state government.
Mangeshkar, who sang for a few Telugu films, regretted
that she does not know the language.
"When I hear all of you speak, I regret that I don`t know
Telugu. I feel like learning the language," she said.
She said she is a great fan of veteran Telugu actor and
Dada Saheb Phalke award recipient Akkineni Nageswara Rao, who
was present during the event.
"I am a great fan of Nageswara Rao. I must have seen his
`Devdas` at least 10 times though it is a Telugu film," she
Mangeshkar, whose `keertanas` (songs in prayer of Lord
Venkateswara) were unveiled at Tirupati yesterday, hoped the
songs would be liked by all.
She said she sought the blessings of the Lord to keep her
voice in good form.
She thanked popular Telugu music director S Dakshina
Murty for whose film she sang a song about 50 years ago. She
recalled that the song was a big hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you