Lata Mangeshkar felicitated by AP CM Rosaiah
Hyderabad: Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar
was felicitated by the `Kala Saraswati` award by Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah here.
Mangeshkar was given the award at a function here tonight
by a city-based cultural organisation- Andhra Pradesh Kala
Vedika- in association with the state government.
Mangeshkar, who sang for a few Telugu films, regretted
that she does not know the language.
"When I hear all of you speak, I regret that I don`t know
Telugu. I feel like learning the language," she said.
She said she is a great fan of veteran Telugu actor and
Dada Saheb Phalke award recipient Akkineni Nageswara Rao, who
was present during the event.
"I am a great fan of Nageswara Rao. I must have seen his
`Devdas` at least 10 times though it is a Telugu film," she
Mangeshkar, whose `keertanas` (songs in prayer of Lord
Venkateswara) were unveiled at Tirupati yesterday, hoped the
songs would be liked by all.
She said she sought the blessings of the Lord to keep her
voice in good form.
She thanked popular Telugu music director S Dakshina
Murty for whose film she sang a song about 50 years ago. She
recalled that the song was a big hit.
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Thrash the CPI-M agent, says Trinamool''s Sonali Guha; EC files FIR
- Shraddha Kapoor feels grateful that her songs became huge hits!
- Bangladesh's ICC ODI ranking: How BCB president Nazmul Hassan created unnecessary confusion
- Five people killed after building collapses in Mumbai's Kamathipura
- Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to lead Congress gherao of Parliament on May 6