Lata Mangeshkar felicitated by AP CM Rosaiah
Hyderabad: Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar
was felicitated by the `Kala Saraswati` award by Andhra
Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah here.
Mangeshkar was given the award at a function here tonight
by a city-based cultural organisation- Andhra Pradesh Kala
Vedika- in association with the state government.
Mangeshkar, who sang for a few Telugu films, regretted
that she does not know the language.
"When I hear all of you speak, I regret that I don`t know
Telugu. I feel like learning the language," she said.
She said she is a great fan of veteran Telugu actor and
Dada Saheb Phalke award recipient Akkineni Nageswara Rao, who
was present during the event.
"I am a great fan of Nageswara Rao. I must have seen his
`Devdas` at least 10 times though it is a Telugu film," she
Mangeshkar, whose `keertanas` (songs in prayer of Lord
Venkateswara) were unveiled at Tirupati yesterday, hoped the
songs would be liked by all.
She said she sought the blessings of the Lord to keep her
voice in good form.
She thanked popular Telugu music director S Dakshina
Murty for whose film she sang a song about 50 years ago. She
recalled that the song was a big hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery