Law making is domain of Parliament: Pilot
Srinagar: Union Minister Sachin Pilot on Saturday said he supported the nobility of Anna Hazare`s cause but the
sanctity of the Parliament to carry out legislation process
had to be respected.
"Anna ji is a respected Gandhian. I support the nobility
of his cause but we have to respect the sanctity of the
(legislation) process," Pilot told reporters here.
The Union Minister of State for IT and Communications,
said, everyone including the government were concerned about
the menace of corruption but the law making was the domain of
"The government has brought the (Lokpal) bill and
approved by the cabinet. It will now go to the Lok Sabha and
the standing committee," he said.
Pilot said the suggestion for improving the bill and to
make it an effective tool against corruption can be sent
anytime to the standing committee.
He said the UPA government has always acted against
corrupt persons wherever there was tangible evidence
irrespective of the standing or perceived might of the person.
"People have been arrested and chargesheeted wherever
there was tangible evidence. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has
made it categorically clear that there will be strongest
possible action against corrupt people," he added.
Pilot said the menace of corruption has every Indian
worried but the worst affected are the poor people.
"It is the poor people who are worst affected when they
have to pay bribes to get their legitimate rights," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!