Lawyers cancel goodwill trip to Pakistan
New Delhi: The All India Bar Association (AIBA) and the Indian Council of Jurists on Thursday called off their goodwill visit to Pakistan following the Delhi High Court bombing that has claimed 12 lives, said an official.
The 25-member delegation of lawyers invited by Pakistan`s Supreme Court Bar Association was to leave for Pakistan on Thursday, said AIBA president Adish Aggarwala.
Two lawyers were among those killed in Wednesday`s explosion.
The delegation was to interact with leaders and judges of the Pakistani Bar Association.
The team was to undertake the visit to Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Lahore.
The visit was called off after the government felt that it was not appropriate to undertake a goodwill mission to Pakistan at this moment, sources said.
The blast at Gate No 5 of the high court complex has left 91 people injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You would need to squeeze this phone in order to make a call!
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra's 'Bajirao Mastani' boast IIFA nominations!
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag launches latest 'attack' on Shoaib Akhtar
- V Narayanaswamy to be new chief minister of Puducherry
- PM Modi controlling large chunk of media, alleges Arvind Kejriwal