Lawyers cancel goodwill trip to Pakistan
New Delhi: The All India Bar Association (AIBA) and the Indian Council of Jurists on Thursday called off their goodwill visit to Pakistan following the Delhi High Court bombing that has claimed 12 lives, said an official.
The 25-member delegation of lawyers invited by Pakistan`s Supreme Court Bar Association was to leave for Pakistan on Thursday, said AIBA president Adish Aggarwala.
Two lawyers were among those killed in Wednesday`s explosion.
The delegation was to interact with leaders and judges of the Pakistani Bar Association.
The team was to undertake the visit to Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Lahore.
The visit was called off after the government felt that it was not appropriate to undertake a goodwill mission to Pakistan at this moment, sources said.
The blast at Gate No 5 of the high court complex has left 91 people injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details