Lecturer attack case: 49 accused, 30 absconding
Kochi: Government today informed the Kerala
High Court that there are 49 accused in the case relating to
the attack on Prof T J Joseph, whose right hand had been
chopped off allegedly by activists of radical outfit Popular
Front of India (PFI).
The Government Pleader (GP) informed a division bench
comprising Justice K M Joseph and Justice M L Joseph Francis
that 19 accused have been arrested so far and the remaining 30
The submission was made when a batch of petitions by the
relatives of absconding accused, complaining of police
harassment, came up before the court.
GP gave an undertaking to court that police will not harass
the petitioners and investigation will be conducted.
The court recorded the submission of the GP.
Prof Joseph was attacked on July 4 after he prepared a
question paper containing some alleged derogatory references
to Prophet Muhammed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday