Lecturer attack case: 49 accused, 30 absconding
Kochi: Government today informed the Kerala
High Court that there are 49 accused in the case relating to
the attack on Prof T J Joseph, whose right hand had been
chopped off allegedly by activists of radical outfit Popular
Front of India (PFI).
The Government Pleader (GP) informed a division bench
comprising Justice K M Joseph and Justice M L Joseph Francis
that 19 accused have been arrested so far and the remaining 30
The submission was made when a batch of petitions by the
relatives of absconding accused, complaining of police
harassment, came up before the court.
GP gave an undertaking to court that police will not harass
the petitioners and investigation will be conducted.
The court recorded the submission of the GP.
Prof Joseph was attacked on July 4 after he prepared a
question paper containing some alleged derogatory references
to Prophet Muhammed.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why