Lecturer attack case: 49 accused, 30 absconding
Kochi: Government today informed the Kerala
High Court that there are 49 accused in the case relating to
the attack on Prof T J Joseph, whose right hand had been
chopped off allegedly by activists of radical outfit Popular
Front of India (PFI).
The Government Pleader (GP) informed a division bench
comprising Justice K M Joseph and Justice M L Joseph Francis
that 19 accused have been arrested so far and the remaining 30
The submission was made when a batch of petitions by the
relatives of absconding accused, complaining of police
harassment, came up before the court.
GP gave an undertaking to court that police will not harass
the petitioners and investigation will be conducted.
The court recorded the submission of the GP.
Prof Joseph was attacked on July 4 after he prepared a
question paper containing some alleged derogatory references
to Prophet Muhammed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister