Lecturer attack case: 49 accused, 30 absconding
Kochi: Government today informed the Kerala
High Court that there are 49 accused in the case relating to
the attack on Prof T J Joseph, whose right hand had been
chopped off allegedly by activists of radical outfit Popular
Front of India (PFI).
The Government Pleader (GP) informed a division bench
comprising Justice K M Joseph and Justice M L Joseph Francis
that 19 accused have been arrested so far and the remaining 30
The submission was made when a batch of petitions by the
relatives of absconding accused, complaining of police
harassment, came up before the court.
GP gave an undertaking to court that police will not harass
the petitioners and investigation will be conducted.
The court recorded the submission of the GP.
Prof Joseph was attacked on July 4 after he prepared a
question paper containing some alleged derogatory references
to Prophet Muhammed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’