Left MPs boycott Kurien in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: Left parties on Friday boycotted Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman P J Kurien by staging a walkout to protest his presiding over the proceedings of the House when it was debating the Bhandara rape incident in Maharashtra.
Kurien was in the Chair when the discussion started soon after Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde completed his statement on allegation of phone tapping of Leader of the Opposition Arun Jaitley.
CPI and CPI-M members staged walk out resenting Kurien being in the Chair, though they did not boycott him during the Home Minister`s reply on the phone-tapping issue.
Left parties had earlier said that they will boycott Kurien in the Upper House till his name is cleared of all charges in the Suryanelli rape case.
The Left has been protesting against Kurien both inside and outside Parliament. There have been widespread protests in Kurien`s home state Kerala also.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi