Let panel report on S-Band scam come: Nair
Thiruvananthapuram: Former ISRO chairaman G Madhavan Nair on Sunday declined to comment on the controversial S-Band spectrum deal between Devas Multimedia and the space agency`s commercial wing Antrix Corporation holding that the issue was being probed by a high powered committee set up by the Centre.
Nair, however, said he was sure that the department had been following rules and regulations of the time.
"This matter is being inquired into by a high powered committee. So I cannot make any remarks on that. But I am sure that the department has been functioning as per the set
rules and regulations of the time", Nair told reporters on the sidelines of the Kerala Development Congress organised by Rajiv Gandhi Instutute of Development Studies here.
"Let the report of the high powered committee come. After that I shall comment", Nair said.
When asked about reports that all members of the Antirx Corporation were not present at the Board meeting which took the crucial decision, Nair said `I do not have any records on
that. So, I cannot comment`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?