Let panel report on S-Band scam come: Nair
Thiruvananthapuram: Former ISRO chairaman G Madhavan Nair on Sunday declined to comment on the controversial S-Band spectrum deal between Devas Multimedia and the space agency`s commercial wing Antrix Corporation holding that the issue was being probed by a high powered committee set up by the Centre.
Nair, however, said he was sure that the department had been following rules and regulations of the time.
"This matter is being inquired into by a high powered committee. So I cannot make any remarks on that. But I am sure that the department has been functioning as per the set
rules and regulations of the time", Nair told reporters on the sidelines of the Kerala Development Congress organised by Rajiv Gandhi Instutute of Development Studies here.
"Let the report of the high powered committee come. After that I shall comment", Nair said.
When asked about reports that all members of the Antirx Corporation were not present at the Board meeting which took the crucial decision, Nair said `I do not have any records on
that. So, I cannot comment`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read