Let panel report on S-Band scam come: Nair
Thiruvananthapuram: Former ISRO chairaman G Madhavan Nair on Sunday declined to comment on the controversial S-Band spectrum deal between Devas Multimedia and the space agency`s commercial wing Antrix Corporation holding that the issue was being probed by a high powered committee set up by the Centre.
Nair, however, said he was sure that the department had been following rules and regulations of the time.
"This matter is being inquired into by a high powered committee. So I cannot make any remarks on that. But I am sure that the department has been functioning as per the set
rules and regulations of the time", Nair told reporters on the sidelines of the Kerala Development Congress organised by Rajiv Gandhi Instutute of Development Studies here.
"Let the report of the high powered committee come. After that I shall comment", Nair said.
When asked about reports that all members of the Antirx Corporation were not present at the Board meeting which took the crucial decision, Nair said `I do not have any records on
that. So, I cannot comment`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!