Let panel report on S-Band scam come: Nair
Thiruvananthapuram: Former ISRO chairaman G Madhavan Nair on Sunday declined to comment on the controversial S-Band spectrum deal between Devas Multimedia and the space agency`s commercial wing Antrix Corporation holding that the issue was being probed by a high powered committee set up by the Centre.
Nair, however, said he was sure that the department had been following rules and regulations of the time.
"This matter is being inquired into by a high powered committee. So I cannot make any remarks on that. But I am sure that the department has been functioning as per the set
rules and regulations of the time", Nair told reporters on the sidelines of the Kerala Development Congress organised by Rajiv Gandhi Instutute of Development Studies here.
"Let the report of the high powered committee come. After that I shall comment", Nair said.
When asked about reports that all members of the Antirx Corporation were not present at the Board meeting which took the crucial decision, Nair said `I do not have any records on
that. So, I cannot comment`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run
- Facebook's new ad cookies targets everyone!
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey