LeT threatens to blow up Haridwar railway station
Haridwar: A letter purportedly by terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba has threatened to blow up Haridwar railway station and temples which abound in the city on December 29, police said on Thursday.
In the letter to Haridwar Railway Station Superintendent Gopal Krishna Das, a man introducing himself as LeT area commander Karim Ansari issued the threat saying the outfit will blow up the Haridwar railway station and temples in the city on December 29, police said, quoting the letter received by the railway official.
Several such threats have been received over the past few years, every time threatening to blow up the railway station and temples through a letter addressed to the station superintendent.
With the postal stamps on the letters received in the past not readable, police could not ascertain the place from where they originated.
However, this time the name of Jalandhar Cantt is clearly readable on the postal stamp, prompting the local vigilance department to launch an investigation to find out if the threat is real or just a hoax as in the past.
Station Superintendent Das said the number of CCTV cameras installed at the station has been increased following receipt of the letter.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- After Uyghur activist Dolkun Isa, India cancels visa of Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress
- Sony swings to $1.4 bn annual profit as PlayStation sales soar
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed