LeT threatens to blow up Haridwar railway station
Haridwar: A letter purportedly by terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba has threatened to blow up Haridwar railway station and temples which abound in the city on December 29, police said on Thursday.
In the letter to Haridwar Railway Station Superintendent Gopal Krishna Das, a man introducing himself as LeT area commander Karim Ansari issued the threat saying the outfit will blow up the Haridwar railway station and temples in the city on December 29, police said, quoting the letter received by the railway official.
Several such threats have been received over the past few years, every time threatening to blow up the railway station and temples through a letter addressed to the station superintendent.
With the postal stamps on the letters received in the past not readable, police could not ascertain the place from where they originated.
However, this time the name of Jalandhar Cantt is clearly readable on the postal stamp, prompting the local vigilance department to launch an investigation to find out if the threat is real or just a hoax as in the past.
Station Superintendent Das said the number of CCTV cameras installed at the station has been increased following receipt of the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists