LeT threatens to blow up Haridwar railway station
Haridwar: A letter purportedly by terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba has threatened to blow up Haridwar railway station and temples which abound in the city on December 29, police said on Thursday.
In the letter to Haridwar Railway Station Superintendent Gopal Krishna Das, a man introducing himself as LeT area commander Karim Ansari issued the threat saying the outfit will blow up the Haridwar railway station and temples in the city on December 29, police said, quoting the letter received by the railway official.
Several such threats have been received over the past few years, every time threatening to blow up the railway station and temples through a letter addressed to the station superintendent.
With the postal stamps on the letters received in the past not readable, police could not ascertain the place from where they originated.
However, this time the name of Jalandhar Cantt is clearly readable on the postal stamp, prompting the local vigilance department to launch an investigation to find out if the threat is real or just a hoax as in the past.
Station Superintendent Das said the number of CCTV cameras installed at the station has been increased following receipt of the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM