Lions Club bestows best CSR Initiative Award 2012 to Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat
New Delhi: Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat (AVAT) has been awarded the best CSR initiative of 2012 by Lions Club Awards. Zee News believes and lives by its motto of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo. In its role as a responsible media house, Zee News has been striving to strengthen Indian democracy under Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat endeavour.
In its quest to address the issue of decreasing voter percentage, Zee News, as a responsible fourth estate of democracy, rolled out “Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign which has been supported by Election Commission of India.
“Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign was launched to show the importance of voting & to sensitize voters to ensure a responsive and accountable government is in place. The campaign includes signature campaign, skits, rallies and street plays across the state across college and universities. The role of AVAT in awakening the nation, particularly in the current year, has been so significant that it has now received the coveted Lion’s Club SOL awards for being the best CSR campaign of 2012.
Zee News has been taking this initiative to various states where Elections has been announced since the year 2009. Zee News has successfully conducted the campaign in Assembly elections of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttranchal, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar & West Bengal.
On the occasion, Rohit Kumar, Marketing Head, Zee News, said, “Zee News is committed to create awareness in Indian citizenry of their voting rights and wishes to educate them to cast their ballot judiciously. Given the different cultures and lifestyles of Indians, Zee News does not want to leave any stone unturned to reach to the grassroots of the country and we are happy to be organising and executing country’s largest voter awareness campaign, ‘Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat’. The campaign is one of its kind that has not only reached the grass root of India, but involved the youth of India in association with various youth influential organisations.”
Mr Kumar continues, “The voter education initiative are being spread not just on Television, but through Radio, Internet, Mobiles and other conventional mediums covering the Cities, towns and continuing down to the hundreds of villages. Zee News has a singular objective in mind – to turn the world`s biggest democracy into a force to reckon with. Zee News will continue its mission to empower the Indian voters”.
About Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat:
The decreasing voter percentage across India is foreseen as major threat for the world’s biggest democracy. Therefore, Zee News decided to address the issue stating it as a part of their responsibility. To raise issues that concern people’s lives and turn them into a crusade has always been Zee News’ forte. Zee News thus launched a voter awareness campaign to make people realize the power of their vote. AVAT reinforces Zee News’s philosophy of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo’, urging people go step out of the house and utilize their right to vote, thus changing their mindsets. AVAT has already received the coveted National Award from Election Commission of India and recognized by Limca book of records.
AVAT has established itself as India’s biggest voter awareness initiative and corollary has already been bestowed with National award by Election Commission of India besides being recognized by Limca Book of Records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in