Lions Club bestows best CSR Initiative Award 2012 to Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat
New Delhi: Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat (AVAT) has been awarded the best CSR initiative of 2012 by Lions Club Awards. Zee News believes and lives by its motto of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo. In its role as a responsible media house, Zee News has been striving to strengthen Indian democracy under Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat endeavour.
In its quest to address the issue of decreasing voter percentage, Zee News, as a responsible fourth estate of democracy, rolled out “Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign which has been supported by Election Commission of India.
“Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign was launched to show the importance of voting & to sensitize voters to ensure a responsive and accountable government is in place. The campaign includes signature campaign, skits, rallies and street plays across the state across college and universities. The role of AVAT in awakening the nation, particularly in the current year, has been so significant that it has now received the coveted Lion’s Club SOL awards for being the best CSR campaign of 2012.
Zee News has been taking this initiative to various states where Elections has been announced since the year 2009. Zee News has successfully conducted the campaign in Assembly elections of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttranchal, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar & West Bengal.
On the occasion, Rohit Kumar, Marketing Head, Zee News, said, “Zee News is committed to create awareness in Indian citizenry of their voting rights and wishes to educate them to cast their ballot judiciously. Given the different cultures and lifestyles of Indians, Zee News does not want to leave any stone unturned to reach to the grassroots of the country and we are happy to be organising and executing country’s largest voter awareness campaign, ‘Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat’. The campaign is one of its kind that has not only reached the grass root of India, but involved the youth of India in association with various youth influential organisations.”
Mr Kumar continues, “The voter education initiative are being spread not just on Television, but through Radio, Internet, Mobiles and other conventional mediums covering the Cities, towns and continuing down to the hundreds of villages. Zee News has a singular objective in mind – to turn the world`s biggest democracy into a force to reckon with. Zee News will continue its mission to empower the Indian voters”.
About Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat:
The decreasing voter percentage across India is foreseen as major threat for the world’s biggest democracy. Therefore, Zee News decided to address the issue stating it as a part of their responsibility. To raise issues that concern people’s lives and turn them into a crusade has always been Zee News’ forte. Zee News thus launched a voter awareness campaign to make people realize the power of their vote. AVAT reinforces Zee News’s philosophy of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo’, urging people go step out of the house and utilize their right to vote, thus changing their mindsets. AVAT has already received the coveted National Award from Election Commission of India and recognized by Limca book of records.
AVAT has established itself as India’s biggest voter awareness initiative and corollary has already been bestowed with National award by Election Commission of India besides being recognized by Limca Book of Records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?