Lions Club bestows best CSR Initiative Award 2012 to Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat
New Delhi: Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat (AVAT) has been awarded the best CSR initiative of 2012 by Lions Club Awards. Zee News believes and lives by its motto of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo. In its role as a responsible media house, Zee News has been striving to strengthen Indian democracy under Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat endeavour.
In its quest to address the issue of decreasing voter percentage, Zee News, as a responsible fourth estate of democracy, rolled out “Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign which has been supported by Election Commission of India.
“Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign was launched to show the importance of voting & to sensitize voters to ensure a responsive and accountable government is in place. The campaign includes signature campaign, skits, rallies and street plays across the state across college and universities. The role of AVAT in awakening the nation, particularly in the current year, has been so significant that it has now received the coveted Lion’s Club SOL awards for being the best CSR campaign of 2012.
Zee News has been taking this initiative to various states where Elections has been announced since the year 2009. Zee News has successfully conducted the campaign in Assembly elections of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttranchal, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar & West Bengal.
On the occasion, Rohit Kumar, Marketing Head, Zee News, said, “Zee News is committed to create awareness in Indian citizenry of their voting rights and wishes to educate them to cast their ballot judiciously. Given the different cultures and lifestyles of Indians, Zee News does not want to leave any stone unturned to reach to the grassroots of the country and we are happy to be organising and executing country’s largest voter awareness campaign, ‘Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat’. The campaign is one of its kind that has not only reached the grass root of India, but involved the youth of India in association with various youth influential organisations.”
Mr Kumar continues, “The voter education initiative are being spread not just on Television, but through Radio, Internet, Mobiles and other conventional mediums covering the Cities, towns and continuing down to the hundreds of villages. Zee News has a singular objective in mind – to turn the world`s biggest democracy into a force to reckon with. Zee News will continue its mission to empower the Indian voters”.
About Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat:
The decreasing voter percentage across India is foreseen as major threat for the world’s biggest democracy. Therefore, Zee News decided to address the issue stating it as a part of their responsibility. To raise issues that concern people’s lives and turn them into a crusade has always been Zee News’ forte. Zee News thus launched a voter awareness campaign to make people realize the power of their vote. AVAT reinforces Zee News’s philosophy of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo’, urging people go step out of the house and utilize their right to vote, thus changing their mindsets. AVAT has already received the coveted National Award from Election Commission of India and recognized by Limca book of records.
AVAT has established itself as India’s biggest voter awareness initiative and corollary has already been bestowed with National award by Election Commission of India besides being recognized by Limca Book of Records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly