Lions Club bestows best CSR Initiative Award 2012 to Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat
New Delhi: Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat (AVAT) has been awarded the best CSR initiative of 2012 by Lions Club Awards. Zee News believes and lives by its motto of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo. In its role as a responsible media house, Zee News has been striving to strengthen Indian democracy under Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat endeavour.
In its quest to address the issue of decreasing voter percentage, Zee News, as a responsible fourth estate of democracy, rolled out “Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign which has been supported by Election Commission of India.
“Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign was launched to show the importance of voting & to sensitize voters to ensure a responsive and accountable government is in place. The campaign includes signature campaign, skits, rallies and street plays across the state across college and universities. The role of AVAT in awakening the nation, particularly in the current year, has been so significant that it has now received the coveted Lion’s Club SOL awards for being the best CSR campaign of 2012.
Zee News has been taking this initiative to various states where Elections has been announced since the year 2009. Zee News has successfully conducted the campaign in Assembly elections of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttranchal, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar & West Bengal.
On the occasion, Rohit Kumar, Marketing Head, Zee News, said, “Zee News is committed to create awareness in Indian citizenry of their voting rights and wishes to educate them to cast their ballot judiciously. Given the different cultures and lifestyles of Indians, Zee News does not want to leave any stone unturned to reach to the grassroots of the country and we are happy to be organising and executing country’s largest voter awareness campaign, ‘Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat’. The campaign is one of its kind that has not only reached the grass root of India, but involved the youth of India in association with various youth influential organisations.”
Mr Kumar continues, “The voter education initiative are being spread not just on Television, but through Radio, Internet, Mobiles and other conventional mediums covering the Cities, towns and continuing down to the hundreds of villages. Zee News has a singular objective in mind – to turn the world`s biggest democracy into a force to reckon with. Zee News will continue its mission to empower the Indian voters”.
About Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat:
The decreasing voter percentage across India is foreseen as major threat for the world’s biggest democracy. Therefore, Zee News decided to address the issue stating it as a part of their responsibility. To raise issues that concern people’s lives and turn them into a crusade has always been Zee News’ forte. Zee News thus launched a voter awareness campaign to make people realize the power of their vote. AVAT reinforces Zee News’s philosophy of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo’, urging people go step out of the house and utilize their right to vote, thus changing their mindsets. AVAT has already received the coveted National Award from Election Commission of India and recognized by Limca book of records.
AVAT has established itself as India’s biggest voter awareness initiative and corollary has already been bestowed with National award by Election Commission of India besides being recognized by Limca Book of Records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India