Lions Club bestows best CSR Initiative Award 2012 to Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat
New Delhi: Zee News’ Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat (AVAT) has been awarded the best CSR initiative of 2012 by Lions Club Awards. Zee News believes and lives by its motto of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo. In its role as a responsible media house, Zee News has been striving to strengthen Indian democracy under Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat endeavour.
In its quest to address the issue of decreasing voter percentage, Zee News, as a responsible fourth estate of democracy, rolled out “Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign which has been supported by Election Commission of India.
“Aapka Vote Aapki Taqat” campaign was launched to show the importance of voting & to sensitize voters to ensure a responsive and accountable government is in place. The campaign includes signature campaign, skits, rallies and street plays across the state across college and universities. The role of AVAT in awakening the nation, particularly in the current year, has been so significant that it has now received the coveted Lion’s Club SOL awards for being the best CSR campaign of 2012.
Zee News has been taking this initiative to various states where Elections has been announced since the year 2009. Zee News has successfully conducted the campaign in Assembly elections of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttranchal, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar & West Bengal.
On the occasion, Rohit Kumar, Marketing Head, Zee News, said, “Zee News is committed to create awareness in Indian citizenry of their voting rights and wishes to educate them to cast their ballot judiciously. Given the different cultures and lifestyles of Indians, Zee News does not want to leave any stone unturned to reach to the grassroots of the country and we are happy to be organising and executing country’s largest voter awareness campaign, ‘Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat’. The campaign is one of its kind that has not only reached the grass root of India, but involved the youth of India in association with various youth influential organisations.”
Mr Kumar continues, “The voter education initiative are being spread not just on Television, but through Radio, Internet, Mobiles and other conventional mediums covering the Cities, towns and continuing down to the hundreds of villages. Zee News has a singular objective in mind – to turn the world`s biggest democracy into a force to reckon with. Zee News will continue its mission to empower the Indian voters”.
About Aapka Vote Aapki Taaqat:
The decreasing voter percentage across India is foreseen as major threat for the world’s biggest democracy. Therefore, Zee News decided to address the issue stating it as a part of their responsibility. To raise issues that concern people’s lives and turn them into a crusade has always been Zee News’ forte. Zee News thus launched a voter awareness campaign to make people realize the power of their vote. AVAT reinforces Zee News’s philosophy of ‘Soch Badlo, Desh Badlo’, urging people go step out of the house and utilize their right to vote, thus changing their mindsets. AVAT has already received the coveted National Award from Election Commission of India and recognized by Limca book of records.
AVAT has established itself as India’s biggest voter awareness initiative and corollary has already been bestowed with National award by Election Commission of India besides being recognized by Limca Book of Records.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey