LK Advani ideal PM candidate: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: NDA convenor and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav added a new twist to the BJP’s quandary over its prime ministerial candidate by naming LK Advani as the most suitable to lead the NDA in 2014.
Yadav said on Thursday that LK Advani is the best candidate and that his age should not be used to discount his candidature.
The timing of Yadav’s statement is crucial as it comes a day after the Gujarat Assembly Elections were announced. And it is no secret that if BJP strongman Narendra Modi wins, his eyes will be set on Delhi for the 2014 polls.
However, JD(U) has made it certain that it is not in favour of Modi’s candidature. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said that his party won’t support BJP if Modi is made its PM candidate.
More importantly, Advani had moved out the list of PM hopefuls in the BJP after the RSS had made it clear that it wants him to make way for the new generation.
Modi may be the top contender but there many more leaders in the BJP who consider themselves in the PM race. Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray complicated the matter by backing Sushma Swaraj for the post.
Now with Sharad Yadav backing Advani, the Pandora’s Box has been opened again. It remains to be seen who eventually manages the fight of attrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway