LK Advani ideal PM candidate: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: NDA convenor and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav added a new twist to the BJP’s quandary over its prime ministerial candidate by naming LK Advani as the most suitable to lead the NDA in 2014.
Yadav said on Thursday that LK Advani is the best candidate and that his age should not be used to discount his candidature.
The timing of Yadav’s statement is crucial as it comes a day after the Gujarat Assembly Elections were announced. And it is no secret that if BJP strongman Narendra Modi wins, his eyes will be set on Delhi for the 2014 polls.
However, JD(U) has made it certain that it is not in favour of Modi’s candidature. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said that his party won’t support BJP if Modi is made its PM candidate.
More importantly, Advani had moved out the list of PM hopefuls in the BJP after the RSS had made it clear that it wants him to make way for the new generation.
Modi may be the top contender but there many more leaders in the BJP who consider themselves in the PM race. Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray complicated the matter by backing Sushma Swaraj for the post.
Now with Sharad Yadav backing Advani, the Pandora’s Box has been opened again. It remains to be seen who eventually manages the fight of attrition.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies