LK Advani ideal PM candidate: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: NDA convenor and JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav added a new twist to the BJP’s quandary over its prime ministerial candidate by naming LK Advani as the most suitable to lead the NDA in 2014.
Yadav said on Thursday that LK Advani is the best candidate and that his age should not be used to discount his candidature.
The timing of Yadav’s statement is crucial as it comes a day after the Gujarat Assembly Elections were announced. And it is no secret that if BJP strongman Narendra Modi wins, his eyes will be set on Delhi for the 2014 polls.
However, JD(U) has made it certain that it is not in favour of Modi’s candidature. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said that his party won’t support BJP if Modi is made its PM candidate.
More importantly, Advani had moved out the list of PM hopefuls in the BJP after the RSS had made it clear that it wants him to make way for the new generation.
Modi may be the top contender but there many more leaders in the BJP who consider themselves in the PM race. Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray complicated the matter by backing Sushma Swaraj for the post.
Now with Sharad Yadav backing Advani, the Pandora’s Box has been opened again. It remains to be seen who eventually manages the fight of attrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'