Lok Sabha speaker asks Anna to end fast
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Thursday appealed to civil society activist Anna Hazare to end his fast and assured him that the government would make a strict law to check corruption in the country.
Summing up the debate on corruption, Meira Kumar said: "The house appeals to Anna Hazareji to end his fast as his life is precious to country.”
He has raised an important issue, the house has discussed it and will discuss it in future also, said Kumar.
She said the government would take steps to come out with a strict law to check corruption.
Replying to the debate on corruption, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh also appealed to the 74-year-old leader to end his fast.
Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj said that appeal should go from the house to Anna Hazare to end his fast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!