Lokayukta verdict: No comment, no reaction, says Justice Mehta
Ahmedabad: Justice (Retd) RA Mehta, whose appointment as Gujarat Lokayukta was upheld by the Supreme Court on Wednesday, has refused to comment on the verdict.
Minutes after his appointment as Lokayukta by Governor Kamla Beniwal was cleared by the apex court, Justice Mehta told a news channel: “I have no comment, no reaction, please.”
“…Really I don’t have to say anything, everyone will have their own percept,” he quipped.
When Times Now sough his views on the institution of Lokayukta, Mehta said, “Everyone supports the institution of Lokayukta, even the Gujarat government never said that it is against the institution of Lokayukta.”
He also refused to comment on the absence of Lokayukta for close to ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured