Lokayukta verdict: No comment, no reaction, says Justice Mehta
Ahmedabad: Justice (Retd) RA Mehta, whose appointment as Gujarat Lokayukta was upheld by the Supreme Court on Wednesday, has refused to comment on the verdict.
Minutes after his appointment as Lokayukta by Governor Kamla Beniwal was cleared by the apex court, Justice Mehta told a news channel: “I have no comment, no reaction, please.”
“…Really I don’t have to say anything, everyone will have their own percept,” he quipped.
When Times Now sough his views on the institution of Lokayukta, Mehta said, “Everyone supports the institution of Lokayukta, even the Gujarat government never said that it is against the institution of Lokayukta.”
He also refused to comment on the absence of Lokayukta for close to ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch