Lokayukta verdict: No comment, no reaction, says Justice Mehta
Ahmedabad: Justice (Retd) RA Mehta, whose appointment as Gujarat Lokayukta was upheld by the Supreme Court on Wednesday, has refused to comment on the verdict.
Minutes after his appointment as Lokayukta by Governor Kamla Beniwal was cleared by the apex court, Justice Mehta told a news channel: “I have no comment, no reaction, please.”
“…Really I don’t have to say anything, everyone will have their own percept,” he quipped.
When Times Now sough his views on the institution of Lokayukta, Mehta said, “Everyone supports the institution of Lokayukta, even the Gujarat government never said that it is against the institution of Lokayukta.”
He also refused to comment on the absence of Lokayukta for close to ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?