Lokayukta verdict: No comment, no reaction, says Justice Mehta
Ahmedabad: Justice (Retd) RA Mehta, whose appointment as Gujarat Lokayukta was upheld by the Supreme Court on Wednesday, has refused to comment on the verdict.
Minutes after his appointment as Lokayukta by Governor Kamla Beniwal was cleared by the apex court, Justice Mehta told a news channel: “I have no comment, no reaction, please.”
“…Really I don’t have to say anything, everyone will have their own percept,” he quipped.
When Times Now sough his views on the institution of Lokayukta, Mehta said, “Everyone supports the institution of Lokayukta, even the Gujarat government never said that it is against the institution of Lokayukta.”
He also refused to comment on the absence of Lokayukta for close to ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert