Looking forward to welcome Narendra Modi to the US: Kerry
Washington: The Obama Administration is looking forward to welcoming the new Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the United States, US Secretary of State John Kerry has said.
Kerry conveyed this message for the new Indian PM during his meeting with the Indian Ambassador to the US S Jaishankar, who also met the Deputy Secretary of State William Burns for a wide range of discussion on bilateral and regional issues.
This was Kerry`s first meeting with the top Indian diplomat here after Modi was sworn in as the 15th Indian Prime Minister in New Delhi on Monday.
"Secretary Kerry conveyed again his congratulations to Prime Minister Modi and the new Government of India, noting that the Administration looks forward to welcoming Prime Minister Modi to the United States," State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki told PTI.
Burns and Jaishankar also discussed a wide range of bilateral and regional issues including regional security, increasing bilateral economic engagement, and enhancing US-India cooperation in multilateral fora, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!
- Turkey sends more tanks to Syria, warns Kurdish militia