Looking forward to welcome Narendra Modi to the US: Kerry
Washington: The Obama Administration is looking forward to welcoming the new Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the United States, US Secretary of State John Kerry has said.
Kerry conveyed this message for the new Indian PM during his meeting with the Indian Ambassador to the US S Jaishankar, who also met the Deputy Secretary of State William Burns for a wide range of discussion on bilateral and regional issues.
This was Kerry`s first meeting with the top Indian diplomat here after Modi was sworn in as the 15th Indian Prime Minister in New Delhi on Monday.
"Secretary Kerry conveyed again his congratulations to Prime Minister Modi and the new Government of India, noting that the Administration looks forward to welcoming Prime Minister Modi to the United States," State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki told PTI.
Burns and Jaishankar also discussed a wide range of bilateral and regional issues including regional security, increasing bilateral economic engagement, and enhancing US-India cooperation in multilateral fora, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days