Looking forward to welcome Narendra Modi to the US: Kerry
Washington: The Obama Administration is looking forward to welcoming the new Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the United States, US Secretary of State John Kerry has said.
Kerry conveyed this message for the new Indian PM during his meeting with the Indian Ambassador to the US S Jaishankar, who also met the Deputy Secretary of State William Burns for a wide range of discussion on bilateral and regional issues.
This was Kerry`s first meeting with the top Indian diplomat here after Modi was sworn in as the 15th Indian Prime Minister in New Delhi on Monday.
"Secretary Kerry conveyed again his congratulations to Prime Minister Modi and the new Government of India, noting that the Administration looks forward to welcoming Prime Minister Modi to the United States," State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki told PTI.
Burns and Jaishankar also discussed a wide range of bilateral and regional issues including regional security, increasing bilateral economic engagement, and enhancing US-India cooperation in multilateral fora, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range