LS adjourned after uproar on CAG report
New Delhi: Opposition uproar over a train accident in Andhra Pradesh that claimed 15 lives and a government auditor`s report on coal blocks allocation led to an adjournment of the Lok Sabha till noon Tuesday.
Soon after it met on the last day of the budget session, members from the opposition benches raised the two issues, just as Speaker Meira Kumar took up the question hour.
However, opposition members, particularly from the Left parties, raised slogans and waved a newspaper copy carrying the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report on the allocation of coal blocks between 2004 and 2009 without auction, which the CAG said resulted in undue benefit to private parties to the tune of Rs.1.8 lakh crore (US $40 billion).
Some other opposition members raised the urgent issue of the train accident involving the Hampi Express that hit a stationary goods train in Anantapur district. The accident killed 15 persons in the early hours of Tuesday.
The agitated opposition members trooped towards the speaker`s chair and continued with their slogan shouting.
As her plea to let the question hour continue went unheeded, Meira Kumar adjourned the house till noon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!