LS Dy Speaker for probe into allegations against Salman Khurshid
Chaibasa: Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker Karia Munda on Moday said a probe should be ordered into the alleged scam involving Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
"The allegations made against Khurshid are of serious nature and should be probed to bring out the truth," Munda, who is on three-day visit to his constituency Khunti, told newsmen here today.
Misappropriation of fund meant for physically challenged people was a serious offence and when allegations were being raised against the NGO involving the central minister and his wife it should be probed, Munda, a BJP MP said.
He favoured a probe also against Robert Vadra, son-in-law of AICC President Sonia Gandhi following Congress`s denial that the party has anything to do with the issue.
``Hunger for power and money making is what politics is all about today,`` he said.
Referring to accusations against CAG by political parties, Munda said it is a constitutional body and all the scams unearthed recently, including the coal scam were based on its report.
About civil society activist Arvind Kejriwal targetting Congress as well as BJP, Munda said the emphasis was more on the former as it was in power when all the scams, which have been unearthed recently, took place.
In this connection he defended BJP for stalling the monsoon session of Parliament, he said the party`s role was `constructive` as action against culprits in the coal scam was initiated due to it.
On the misuse of CBI by the ruling parties, Munda said such allegations were raised against any party or alliance was in power.
CBI should be made an autonomous body to discharge its responsibility fairly, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly