LS Dy Speaker for probe into allegations against Salman Khurshid
Chaibasa: Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker Karia Munda on Moday said a probe should be ordered into the alleged scam involving Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
"The allegations made against Khurshid are of serious nature and should be probed to bring out the truth," Munda, who is on three-day visit to his constituency Khunti, told newsmen here today.
Misappropriation of fund meant for physically challenged people was a serious offence and when allegations were being raised against the NGO involving the central minister and his wife it should be probed, Munda, a BJP MP said.
He favoured a probe also against Robert Vadra, son-in-law of AICC President Sonia Gandhi following Congress`s denial that the party has anything to do with the issue.
``Hunger for power and money making is what politics is all about today,`` he said.
Referring to accusations against CAG by political parties, Munda said it is a constitutional body and all the scams unearthed recently, including the coal scam were based on its report.
About civil society activist Arvind Kejriwal targetting Congress as well as BJP, Munda said the emphasis was more on the former as it was in power when all the scams, which have been unearthed recently, took place.
In this connection he defended BJP for stalling the monsoon session of Parliament, he said the party`s role was `constructive` as action against culprits in the coal scam was initiated due to it.
On the misuse of CBI by the ruling parties, Munda said such allegations were raised against any party or alliance was in power.
CBI should be made an autonomous body to discharge its responsibility fairly, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire