LS Dy Speaker for probe into allegations against Salman Khurshid
Chaibasa: Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker Karia Munda on Moday said a probe should be ordered into the alleged scam involving Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
"The allegations made against Khurshid are of serious nature and should be probed to bring out the truth," Munda, who is on three-day visit to his constituency Khunti, told newsmen here today.
Misappropriation of fund meant for physically challenged people was a serious offence and when allegations were being raised against the NGO involving the central minister and his wife it should be probed, Munda, a BJP MP said.
He favoured a probe also against Robert Vadra, son-in-law of AICC President Sonia Gandhi following Congress`s denial that the party has anything to do with the issue.
``Hunger for power and money making is what politics is all about today,`` he said.
Referring to accusations against CAG by political parties, Munda said it is a constitutional body and all the scams unearthed recently, including the coal scam were based on its report.
About civil society activist Arvind Kejriwal targetting Congress as well as BJP, Munda said the emphasis was more on the former as it was in power when all the scams, which have been unearthed recently, took place.
In this connection he defended BJP for stalling the monsoon session of Parliament, he said the party`s role was `constructive` as action against culprits in the coal scam was initiated due to it.
On the misuse of CBI by the ruling parties, Munda said such allegations were raised against any party or alliance was in power.
CBI should be made an autonomous body to discharge its responsibility fairly, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Rio Olympics 2016: Stupid to talk about hockey team's medal hopes, says Viren Rasquinha
- Putting past discrimination behind, Dutee Chand targets medal at Rio Olympics
- PM Narendra Modi posts video message on Facebook; it's MUST WATCH for UP residents
- Two more arrested over links with Nice attacker
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside